Standing position issue....rotation to the right.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Roy Hill

Post by Roy Hill »

Thanks again for all the good suggestions.

We've tried staggering the feet, and opening the position a bit.

The shooter didn't feel comfortable with either of those fixes.

Another thing we've tried is to order some riser blocks for the sights.

This shooter has such a long neck that he can't keep his neck straight, and still see through the rear sight no matter what we did with the buttplate and the cheek piece.

Earlier this week, we spent a solid two hours with him in front of a full-length mirror, adjusting the buttplate, cheekpiece, etc, and trying to get his neck straighter.

He had to really dip his head to the right to see through the sights.

Will try riser blocks when they get here to get his head more upright, and his neck straight, and see how that affects his L to R sway.

Isuguncoach, we'll look at putting the buttplate where you suggest....in the pocket just above the bicep and just under the shoulder, right?

Thanks again for all the responses.

Roy Hill

Post by Guest »

it may be his trigger finger, do it all the time
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

Also if he is having the left and right sway. That is common in alot of shooter. Try arching the back a little. If he is standing too straight the rifle will pull him over and then the body will pull him back. Thats why you get the left right sway. Stand behind him while he is shooting and see if he moves back and forth. I would try to get him to arch the back and get the center of gravity more over his hips, this should help. give it a try.
oh and yes riser blocks are a big help if hes got a long neck. I have 20mm riser blocks on my 1913. good luck with it all

stephen