Feinwerkbau 2700 questions

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jordan

Feinwerkbau 2700 questions

Post by Jordan »

Just a couple questions abou this gun.

1. Is it possible to dry-fire it?

2. What size is the dovetail on it for mounting a scope? I tried BKL 257 rings on my friends 2700 and the rings didn't fit.

Thanks!
Jordan

Post by Guest »

You can dry fire any small-bore, just close the bolt and pull the trigger.

I presume you meant does dry firing cause damage? I don't think once or twice will hurt, but I would use a plastic snap cap or a spent case to absorb the firing pin.

Tim S

Exeter UK

Post by Guest »

Yes I guess i should have worded the question slightly differently. What I meant was is can you dryfire it without doing damage? If you can't is it possible to easily remove the firing pin? The dryfire switch on the 700 air is sure nice!

And if someone has an answer to my other question that would be greatly appreciated !
coolcruiser

BKL rings

Post by coolcruiser »

The 2700 should be the same 11mm dovetail as my 2602. The BKL rings are a little unusual in that they do not simply slide on the dovetail. To install properly you must use the screws that are provided since they have a "dog" point. Open the dovetail a bit by inserting the screws in the alternate holes that are provided and apply the necessary force to open the dovetail on the ring...once in place the screws are returned to their clamping holes and tightened as normal. They work very well but do not lend themselves to easy on- easy off. See the tech sheet.
http://www.bkltech.com/products/tech_data.html
BTW, I use an expended case to dryfire...shoot about 5 dry shots, rotate the case with each shot to expose a "new" edge of the case to the firing pin...insert another case after five rounds...the edge gets too flat and the case gets harder to extract...not as much trouble as it sounds and it protects the chamber edge as well as the firing pin.
HTH

Post by Guest »

Be sure to clean the barrel after dryfiring with a spent case. A "grit" will form in the bore just past the chamber from the spent priming compound and I would not want a bullet zipping over that stuff. Also the grit will pool at the 6-oclock position and can't be good for barrel longevity.

Better yet, put a drop of oil in the spent case before starting and that will help capture the grit before it gets tossed into the bore.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Thanks for the replies!

I have tried the BKL and for some reason they just don't want to seem to fit. They fit fine on all my other guns with 11mm dovetail. Maybe this one is just slightly bigger. I don't want to force it; besides, shooting with the peep sights is just fine as this is what I would be doing in competition anyay.

As far as dryfiring, I think I will keep that to mainly my airgun and when I want to shoot the 2700 I go to the range. Probably the best way.