Best Air Rifle out there?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Mike V

Post by Mike V »

If the Centra is 1/8 minute of angle, what is the Anschutz 7002/20 at 20 clicks per revolution?

Which is more of a fine adjustment? Which would be a good air & smallbore sight?

thanks, Mike

Post by Guest »

20 click Anschutz is about 1/12 minutes per click.

Tim S

Exeter UK
Bob123

Re: Anscutz 2001

Post by Bob123 »

Anonymous wrote:
peepsight wrote:Hi bob123

I suspect that this air rifle is the Anschutz 2001 Superair which is a side lever pre compressed model.

They are excellent and the build quality is up with the best. I think it was a 2001 model that held the world record for a short while many years ago. Having said that, the FWB and Walther pre compressed air rifles of that era were more popular.
I'm sure that your German shooting club freinds will have better knowledge of this rifle than me.

Peepsight
Correct, its full name is Anschutz 2001 Superair, with a side lever.
The few other air rifle users are rather religious with regard to what works - anyone not shooting a high end Walther is clearly untermensch ;-)
Also the air shooters are focused on standing, whereas I am a solid prone man (from the fullbore background) with just a very limited experience in 3 position .22lr shooting. Seems that air rifle design is geared around balance in the standing position to a large extent?
But you answered my question - if the thing is able to put 5 pellets into a 6-7mm hole, it is good enough for me while I salivate over the Sako TRG catalogue for the next year.....

Thanks,
Bob
Thought I would give a feedback on how the rifle performed.

At 10mtrs 10 x 5 shot groups once zeroed resulted in 7 out of 10 groups around 6mm with top spec RWS pellets in 4.50 size. This was with a front bench support, held butt so there is a possible error factor linked to me.
Would you really need anything better than this? Exceeding my expectations ffor a second hand rifle for sure.
Had time for a few cards prone (which moved the MPI) which highlighted the drawback of a manual lever over pre-compressed - very awkward to cock, obviously less of an issue standing.
So a rifle capable of shooting maximum scores for Euro350, and with the high build quality and walnut finish I would hope to get a good resale of around 300 in a year - although I now more likely to keep for winter training ;-)