Daisy 888 CO2 valves

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

wtc9

Daisy 888 CO2 valves

Post by wtc9 »

I've got 2 Daisy Avanti 888 rifles that had problems holding CO2. Searching this site I found folks who had solved such problems by putting a little oil on the needle valve on the bottle and working the needle. I was able to rejuvinate one tube this way. The other one is stubborn. I've even changed to silicone, but it won't hold, even though it retains gas for 5 seconds rather than the original 2 seconds.

Has anyone ever just replaced the valve on the tube? If so, do you have a source for the valve?

Thanks.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Probably a nick on the internal O-ring.

My $0.02 ... I would not mess with taking that apart.
Call Denise at Daisy and get info to send it back for repair.

They are usually pretty good about that. Also think of ordering spares.
When we order 888's we usually get a spare cylinder with them .... that way we show up to practices and matches and not have to worry about a bad one .... just swap it out.

Denise Johnson's email at Daisy is:
djohnso@daisy.com

Joel
wtc9

Post by wtc9 »

That's basically what I'd planned. Just wanted to know if there might be DIY alternatives. Good advice...thanks.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I know that I could probably get into those tubes and fix them myself, but I do have my shooters putting in their own cylinders (especially at matches) and I just don't want that worry on my mind.

I figure for the small cost of having Daisy do it, it is better for everyone's peace of mind.

Joel

(I won't work on CA cylinders for that reason as well .... I work with great pipefitters that could do the job, but I want a "factory" person such as Pilkguns working on these)