www.targetworx.com

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

pgfaini

Re: TargetWorx Targets

Post by pgfaini »

jhmartin wrote:
These are the same roll targets that Doc Sexton was using in Newberry, SC. They have a problem with shot holes tearing along the grain making them very hard to score.
Note that there are two (2) styles of target rolls for this system.
One is a very thin "practice" roll (55 thousanths inch paper) , and these are considerably less expensive than the thick "match" rolls.

The thin practice rolls are the ones that tear, and are especially bad with lower power guns such as pistols and 753/853 style rifles. But they will still tear with compressed air & CO2 rifles

The Match rolls are Ninty thousanths paper and work very well.
If you get them in quantity, in club pricing ($500 minimim I think) you can get these for about $3.85 per roll (110 bulls per roll)

Yes, the targes for this system are very pricy. That's why we only shoot on them when we are preparing for large state & national matches

I've posted a scan below that compares the two types of paper. The thick paper is on the left and the thin on the right. You can see the tearing on the thin paper.

(Yes I know that the thick bulls are upside down .... that's the way they come on the roll .... if my shooters complain, I tell them they are free to re-roll the thing .... none have done that yet)

Contacted Doc about the two types of roll targets, and he said they're only available in rifle targets, they haven't pefected the pistol targets yet.

Paul