Crosman Challenger 2000?

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

JrOtCJaKe

Crosman Challenger 2000?

Post by JrOtCJaKe »

I'm interested in buying a new air rifle to use for 3-P but I am not sure if the Crosman Challenger 2000 is legal to use. If any one knows for sure please respond
Thank you
SRichieR

Post by SRichieR »

Download the rulebook from the CMP website - www.odcmp.com. Rad it and refer to it regularly.

That said, the rifle is legal, however, I can't think of a good reason to use one unless it is free and you have nothing else - not even a sling shot.

That's my opinion. I'm sure there will be others.

Sam
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

SRichieR wrote: That said, the rifle is legal, however, I can't think of a good reason to use one unless it is free and you have nothing else - not even a sling shot.
Hi

Our two would NOT reliably puncture the CO2 cartridges. We only had two and in practice we had ONE kid shoot them both. He shot one, and we put Cartridges in the other one, when he ran out of air we swapped.

Mike
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

That said, the rifle is legal, however, I can't think of a good reason to use one unless it is free and you have nothing else - not even a sling shot.
Agree with Mike .... only about a 7-ring rifle. I don't think the 12 gram cartridges will get you thru a 3x20 either.

Call Daisy and look at the 888 or the 887
edlarson

Challenger 2000's

Post by edlarson »

We have a couple that can push 90 in prone with the 2000's, but I agree, there are some propblems with jumps and not not holding the 8 ring. It is a "cool" looking piece of equipment, but we are looking at 887's this year for new rifles, could only find 888's last year. In a 3 X 20 put in a new cylincer after standing, you won't make it through consistantly.

The 10 - 12 year olds like to shoot them, but if you are serious, go with something else.