What sights do you use?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

EdR

What sights do you use?

Post by EdR »

I'm looking at getting a new rear sight what would you recomend to get or stay away from? thanks
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

What gun is it for ?

Rob.
EdR

Post by EdR »

A walther kk200 so most sights will fit
joninNJ

Post by joninNJ »

I use the stock walther but I looking for something a tad better
EdR

Post by EdR »

I have the same problem with that sight. After looking at sights which is the best for indoor and outdoor smallbore:
Centra rear sight- not the pro 57 one
Gehmann 595
Gehmann 518 clearview
Warner
REG
Varga
Gehmann 540
or are there any other recomendations
I stuck on which to get any help will be appreciated, Thanks
RyanIntershoot

Post by RyanIntershoot »

518 clearview will be useless indoor, no flags to view!

My vote would be the Gehmann 595
Martin C

Sights

Post by Martin C »

Sorry to jump in on someones thread but I am interested in the Centra one due to the outdoor style scales on the sights. As an older fullbore shooter I feel a decent set of scales which are visible to the shooter must be an aid in quickly shifting wind conditions where you have to move your sights.I know there are many who feel verniers unessecary but I feel lost at times in shifting conditions.Obviously I shoot Indoors and out.
CordB

Post by CordB »

can't go wrong with Anschutz 7020/20
batty

Post by batty »

CordB wrote:can't go wrong with Anschutz 7020/20
Seconded!
EdR

Post by EdR »

I've heard the anshcutz will break fairly often but alot of people use them.
I shot a match this weekend and two prone shooters there were using gates and gehmann so I might look at those
batty

Post by batty »

EdR wrote:I've heard the anshcutz will break fairly often but alot of people use them.
If you properly maintain and look after the sights they should not break

I've managed to break many things in shooting but not these sights (yet!)
Eric U

Post by Eric U »

I've used the Anschutz 7020 sights from the beginning. The first set I had did fall apart when I tried to shoot it on a 300m rifle in 1993. It was #6 off the production line. Since then, I've never had a problem with them (they use Locktite now). Bar none, they are the most repeatable sights I've ever used on a rifle. I have three rear sights: one for air, one for prone and kneeling, and one for standing. Never a problem with them in 14 years of use. I use the older style Anschutz sight on my 300m rifles now, just because of my previous experience. Others use the 7020 on 300m rifles with no problems now.

Eric
EdR

Post by EdR »

Thanks for all the help I think I'm gonna go for the centra sights with scales since others recommended it
peepsight

Sights

Post by peepsight »

Hi
Check out the MEC sight.

Peepsight

Post by Guest »

The Steyr rearsight is worth a mention. It is sprung loaded and can be canted. It's also quite short, which is useful for the longer necked. The elevation adjustment is less than others, but it has enough to reach 100 yards.
EdR

Post by EdR »

The mec sight is really nice but I don't like the price, I haven't heard of the styer brand but I still think the centra will work for what I want to do unless anyone knows of any problems with them
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I am sure any of the sights mentioned above will do fine. I shot the 3p at Camp Perry this year. I think there were somewhere near 350 shooters there. In the "what type of sight should I use" postings I always see all kinds of suggestions. But from what I saw of the shooters at Perry I'd say all but 20 of them were using Anschutz sights.
peepsight

What sight

Post by peepsight »

A few years ago it was all the rage in Europe especially Germany to fit the Hammerlie back sight to air rifles and small bore rifles. It is still used by many top shooters and is of Swiss manufacture. Those interested will have to go into to the Walther web site as they now market Hammerlie.

There are 2 models, one being tiltable for cant.
EdR

Post by EdR »

The anschutz sights are extremely common in 3p but Ididn't see that many of them. But for the same price I figure the centra has a few more features.
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I have two of the hammerli rear sights and use one. They are very good. They run on ball bearing slides (as do the anschutz 7020 sights) and also have ball bearings on the knobs. I think Anschutz copied the design.