Old US National Ranking

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

funtoz

Old US National Ranking

Post by funtoz »

Does anyone have a copy of the national ranking file from before the new WEB site? The one that wasn't updated for so long. I need a copy to show that I really did shoot the sport.

Larry Lohkamp
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Larry:

I thought I had downloaded a copy a while back . . . am checking (no joy on home computer, will check laptop).

It probably would have been a good idea (hindsight) with the issues we have had/are having with the website.

Alternately- do ya think USAS might have "archives" of the pre-web rankings? You might want to check with them. Since the new rankings are transitory in nature, they will porbably not have a way to create "milestones" in the future.

Perhaps they should capture an annual "rankings snapshot" in some form for their records?

I know that USAS hasn't/doesn't put much emphasis on the whole "rankings" process in the first place, as it is somewhat irrelevant to how they serve their mission under current operational model. However, it seems to be of increasing importance to the shooting public.

Steve Swartz
USMA82

Post by USMA82 »

Larry, I've got a copy on the Yahoo Free Pistol group. If you're not a member, email me and I'll send you a copy.

John
lindbergjohn@hotmail.com
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

John - The rankings in the free pistol group are the 2006 ones, There was a set before that one that had my free pistol scores. My place on the updated '06 list was omitted because all of our match scores for that year were lost and had to be reentered after the site crash.

Steve -

The direction USAS has taken regards us peons is something we don't need to go over again. The rankings serve as a report card for how USAS is 'growing the sport'. I remember the Australian comments about the lack of US depth when it first came out. We really have just that many serious participants in the sport. It is also a good way for us few to keep track of each other and how we are doing. I always check for updates for shooters that I met while running a Standard Pistol postal league (NRA, real mail in targets postal) and those I shot with at the Nationals when I was able to attend... and shooters we know from this list too.

If no one has saved what I need, there may be a copy still hanging up at the range, and If not there I will try USAS, but I have not had very good luck with their past record keeping.

LArry
Tim Conrad

Post by Tim Conrad »

I can get you rankings for any period from 2001 thru 2006. USAS converted to the on-line system early this year, I have nothing past Jan 1, 2007. Some scores were lost in '06, due to a 'network problem' at USAS.

Ranking rules prior to 2007: At least three courses of fire in the time period specified (usually 12 months). Now it looks like you get included if you shoot anything.

Give me the event and time period, I'll email you an Excel spreadsheet.

If I get 5,000 requests, it may take a while to respond to them :)