Rear sight click values

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rear sight click values

Post by Guest »

I shoot a walther rear sight and just noticed for outdoors at 50m 1 click will move me across the ten, therefor I found it impossible to get an x. What is the click supposed to be or is this normal? Are there any sights around the $200 or less that have smaller click values? Can I get these at perry or where at? thanks
WRC

Post by WRC »

That sounds rather coarse (presuming you are talking smallbore rifle). Have you checked for backlash? Can you take some clicks and NOT have the sight move, only to take one more click in the same direction, and have the sight make a jump? If 10-Ring Service is at Perry, they could easily check/clean/adjust the sight. (as could other gunsmiths).
RyanIntershoot

Post by RyanIntershoot »

You definately need finer andjustment, I don't know your location but I sell the Centra Pro57 and the new Gehmann 590 rearsights in the UK, both in the budget bracket, both with 1.5mm bullet shift at 50m

If you are in the US champchoice, pilkguns etc will have something similar
Ryan
www.intershoot.co.uk

Post by Guest »

Now that I've looked at sights I might have to increase my spending limit. Are the centra pro 57 sights and gehmann that you recomended good quality or are there better sigths for not a whole lot more? Do they still make the gehmann 594 or is there any where I could get one? Also has anyone tried the REG sights that fit an 11mm rail? thanks
RyanIntershoot

Post by RyanIntershoot »

Anonymous wrote:Now that I've looked at sights I might have to increase my spending limit. Are the centra pro 57 sights and gehmann that you recomended good quality or are there better sigths for not a whole lot more? Do they still make the gehmann 594 or is there any where I could get one? Also has anyone tried the REG sights that fit an 11mm rail? thanks
The Pro57 and Gehmann 590 are both very good, no problems with them so far although the Gehmann one has just hit the market.

They don't make the 594 anymore, perhaps someone might have old stock?

I use the Gehmann 595, I feel with the lockable mechanism that stops the thread backlash, the initial high outlay will be justified as they should last a lot longer than conventional sights which are all prone to backlash through time.