Gehmann Iris Question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

rfwhatley

Gehmann Iris Question

Post by rfwhatley »

Received my new Gehmann rear iris today based on info from this board about the usefulness of this accessory. However, just holding it in my hands, I can't seem to make it move. There are no instructions with it. Is there a button or lock somewhere to allow it to release and move? I have very strong hands from being a mechanic and I'm really afraid to play with it too much least I break it. Neither do I want to scratch it up mounting it if I need to return it.

Hints? Tips? Insights?
peepsight

Gehmann iris

Post by peepsight »

Hi

My Gehmann iris was realy stiff to move but it freed up sightly when it was warm. When cold they can be difficult to twist.

E Mail Gehmann and complain as yours is not the only one i have heard of that is hard to move.
rfwhatley

Well...

Post by rfwhatley »

Well... maybe I spoke too fast. After mounting it, it began to move. It is a wee tad stiff, but is starting to respond to TLC and hard mounting on the rifle.

Thanks!
RyanIntershoot

Post by RyanIntershoot »

I've never heard of a problem with a Gehmann iris and I've sold one or two of them!

They have a 30 year guarantee as well so you should be well covered.

Excellent choice of iris by the way!
danholmes

Clamp Ring

Post by danholmes »

I love my Gehmann iris...I have an Anschutz iris that I used for years (in fact I am going to sell it soon), but I like the Gehmann much better.

The only thing I don't like about the Gehmann is that there is no clamping ring for a blinder...why not?

-Dan