Anschutz 190 ....... ????

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

hole-puncher

Anschutz 190 ....... ????

Post by hole-puncher »

Hey all, got some questions for ya....
I've been out of rifle shooting for years now, but thinking of getting back in...
I was wondering if an Anschutz 190 was still a competitive rifle????
I used one to shoot 3 position smallbore years ago.
I just found one in really good shape for not a bad price and was wondering if it was still a decent rifle to use compared to the new FWB and such that is available now...
Thanx
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

I believe the gun you are referring to is the C.I.L 190 (made by anschutz). These guns were imported by CIL (canadian industries limited). Most say CIL on them but I have seen one that has not said CIL on it.

I believe they are an anschutz 64 action, and possibly barrel as well (but it is a thinner style sporter barrel).

These guns are suitible for sporter style 3p and prone, but are in no way close to the modern FWB or anscutz alu.

Even in the sporter class there are better choices such as the 1403 or the match 64, but this gun is suitable. I won the provincials in BC, Canada for 3p with a CIL 190 this year.

Post by Guest »

What is a CIL 190 worth????
Is it worth picking one up, if you see one at a gun show????
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

They work well for sporting style 3p, especially for starters. At our local club we have a dozen or so CIL 180's and 190's.

Here in Canada they seem to go for about $400-$500 with sights (thats Canadian dollar).