OSHA regulations to impact your sport?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Keith Lay Jr

OSHA regulations to impact your sport?

Post by Keith Lay Jr »

Hello, I have been a visitor here for some time. I do not shoot air rifle or smallbore competitively but do go across the U.S. shooting blackpowder target and silhouette competitions. I do shoot air rifle and smallbore as a training device for these and come here to pick up things to help me in our sport. All of us who pull any kind of trigger are about to be affected if a new OSHA rule comes into effect that will curtail if not eliminate transport of ammunition or components like gunpowder, primers, or .22 ammo by the major carriers like UPS or Fed Ex. The docket # is OSHA-2007-0032 and we have until July 12, 2007 to comment on this proposed change. OSHA, like the IRS, can MAKE A RULE WHICH THEN BECOMES LAW unlike a lot of governmental branches. OSHA is sensitive to congressional pressure however as their budget comes from congress. Please get familiar with this proposal and the ramifications it will have on all the shooting sports and contact your congressmen. More details can be found on one of our major BP forums- Shiloh Rifle or go to the NRA website. Thank You!-Now I'll go back to lurking over here!
A. Keith Lay Jr
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

See thread under "Shooter's Lounge"