10 Meter spotting scope or camera??????

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

darticus

10 Meter spotting scope or camera??????

Post by darticus »

Can anyone give me an idea of where I can get a good spotting scope for 10 meter pistol? Just want to check out where I'm hitting. A camera to a laptop would also work with a 10 meter wire. Any thoughts??? Thanks Ron
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

If you mean for in your house or someplace where you will have a semi permanent setup then the camera is a good choice. I have such a setup using an old cctv camera and a monitor. I never use the spotting scope in the basement anymore. If you need to travel with it then a scope. Check out www.supercircuits.com for all kinds of cameras- some very cheap. You can use an old tv for a monitor and not tie up a laptop.
darticus

Camera hook up?

Post by darticus »

Would a camera just hook to a tv? I have several cameras.Thanks Ron
GaryBF

Post by GaryBF »

Ron,
This thread may be of interest: http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

I use a 20X spotting scope and it works just fine.
darticus

Thanks Gary

Post by darticus »

Great info. Will check all info out. Ron
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I looked at that thread. That picture is much nicer than the image on mine- very nice but also expensive. I don't agree that the distraction of the monitor is something to run from though. It is very much the same as electronic targets.
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

I hadn't spotted that thread re: using a camcorder and a monitor. That's a great setup. I agree it couldn't be easily transported, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I have a big Kowa scope I've been lugging to the range for years for everything from 10m AP to high power rifle at 100+ yards. (That is, I was using it for for AP until this season, when I got told we had "local rules" that prohibited it, but that's another story. :) I was also using it in my basement for AP also but found that the nuisance of having to set it up and take it down each time discouraged me from doing much shooting there.

So what I ended up doing was dedicating an inexpensive 20-60x80 Celestron I bought at a gun show on an old camera tripod for my basement range. This is nowhere near the same quality as my Kowa, but for 10m use in my basement, who cares! Now I shoot there a lot more.
darticus

scope

Post by darticus »

I went and bought small binoculars at Walmart. It actually will take a pic. It seems to be light and can see the 10M target very well. This way I can spot whatever is in the area, birds etc. and even take a pic.