FWB P-700 or Steyer LG110

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Frank

FWB P-700 or Steyer LG110

Post by Frank »

OK Guys need your experience...Which one is better or does it really matter when you get into this class of gun
Thanks
RickP

Post by RickP »

Hi Frank,

Like you said, when you get in to that level of air rifle, a lot of it is personal preference. Most important of all is how it feels. I've had the opportunity to shoot both air rifles and I chose the Steyr LG110. In fact, I really planned on purchasing the FWB 700 as I already owned a Steyr LG10P and wanted something different. After trying the two I had to admit that, for me, the Steyr was a bit more adjustable, fit me better, especially the squared cheekpiece, and seemed to balance better. Due to its "Stabiliser" system it has almost a "dead" feel to it when firing.
As for reliability, the rifle has functioned flawlessly. If there is ever an issue with accuracy it's my fault! I don't think you will go wrong with either air rifle, but as for the Steyr LG110 it is an excellent air rifle and I am sure you would be happy with it.
peepsight

FWB 700 v Steyr LG-110

Post by peepsight »

Hi Frank

Both these rifles could win you medals, even the world record [currently held by a Steyr LG-110]. Its up to you.
Along with Walther and Anschutz they are all great guns but each will feel different.

It is worth bearing in mind that later 07 production of the Steyr LG-110 now has a ball bearing trigger that has made trigger release even smoother. If you decide to get the Steyr, check with your Steyr dealer on this point first.

Peepsight
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

I just recently got the FWB model 700 alu. It is adjustable in almost every way imaginable and after I adjusted it to me it fealt really good. Possibly if you could try both guns and make your decsion from there...
cdf

Post by cdf »

I own a Styer LG110 , and I am very happy with it . I like the takedown feature - I can get all my rifle stuff in one duffle . A clubmate of mine ( not typically an AR shooter borrowed mine , and shot a 587 , were it not foa couple of mental glitches and the piece being unfamiliar , he could have shot into the 590 range .

Chris