Anschutz 2013 Proneshooters

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Gunslinger_Online

Anschutz 2013 Proneshooters

Post by Gunslinger_Online »

I have a 2013 setup in a benchrest stock and was thinking of buying the Aluminum stock to use it for prone shooting. Anybody have any experience with this setup in prone?

Thanks,

Lou
RyanIntershoot

Post by RyanIntershoot »

A lot of people use that set-up for prone with good success. I was never a fan of the Anschutz ALU stock simply because it is cast, not machined but there sure is a hell of a lot of them about and I've only heard one or two stories of them breaking.
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

The comments I've heard from prone shooters are favorable, mostly relating to the thin forearm that puts the barrel closer to the palm of your left hand (right handed shooters).

Some position shooters don't like the way the missing area at the lower half of the buttstock leaves that portion unsupported in standing. Don't know if this is a real problem or if it just feels different.
angelitaceleste

2013/2012 for position

Post by angelitaceleste »

Most shooter with a 2013/12 add a palm rest or block. This can be VERY good since you can tailor the height to your size. Very helpful in my case, since I have short arms. :)
tim_stone

Anschutz 2013/2012 Position

Post by tim_stone »

If you are going to change stock make sure you look at the stopper stocks. There are several advantages that I like over the Anschutz. The link for this stock is below.

http://www.schuetzenwelt.de/shop/2/waff ... t_sf_2000/
Last edited by tim_stone on Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin H

Post by Martin H »

I have a Anschutz alloy stock and I would recommend it. It is very easy to use, very easy to return to previous settings etc. My shooting certainly went up several steps since I have been using this stock.
Cheers
Martin