AIR RIFLE DONATIONS FOR BOY SCOUT TROOP 246 TAMPA FLORIDA

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

askernie

AIR RIFLE DONATIONS FOR BOY SCOUT TROOP 246 TAMPA FLORIDA

Post by askernie »

Hey Guys,

I need your help.

For those of you who don't know me, My name is Ernie Fuentes. I am commonly known as " Ernie the Eyeball".

I am a Assistant Scout Master with Troop 246 out of Tampa with Camp Location in Camp Borein in Odessa.

I just returned from Camp Thunder in Georgia and was involved in helping the Boy Scouts getting thier Rifle Shooting Merit Badge and Shotgun Shooting Merit badge. During this week stay I was amazed at how many scouts love shooting but don't have a place to shoot. We have a small setup at Camp Borein that has be used in the past but mainly just for Cub Scout shooting.

In a long conversation with my Scoutmaster, we have decided to go forward with the goal of setting up a Airgun Range at Camp Borein.

This Airgun Range will be used by Cub Scouts shooting BB guns and Boy Scouts shooting pellet guns. The range will most likely be set up as a 5 meter and 10 meter pistol and rifle range in order to get the scouts ready for more advanced 10 meter shooting if they desire to do so.

In addition, I will also be working with my Scoutmaster in setting up a Airgun Silhouette and Field Target range. My goal with this is the set up these ranges and make them available to area shooters for competitions for purpose of fund raising.

So what is the bottom line, I NEED AIR RIFLES. I dont care what kind. I dont care what condition. If they need repair, I will repair them.

For the Boy Scouts I would peferbly like single shot type rifles like the Crosman 2260 or Qb78. Since Boy Scout regs require only one shot at a time, but hey BEGGERS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS. I WILL TAKE WHATEVER I CAN GET.

All who donate will recieve a framed picture of the Troop 246, a Thank you card and you will be loved ny me forever.

If you have any questions, please contact me via email at askernie@yahoo.com

I appreciate all your help.

Thanks

Ernie "The Eyeball" Fuentes
Troop 246 Tampa Florida
rfwhatley

Boy Scout Programs

Post by rfwhatley »

Ernie -
I can't believe you crossed the GA line and settled for less than Camp Rainey Mountain in Clayton, GA !!! lol

What you want to do is send your troop's Charter paperwork to the CMP and become a registered "youth program", then you can get nice air rifles at near cost. See their web site at: http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Programs/ ... _Rifle.htm

There is a world of difference in "air rifles" and "precision air rifles", and the later is the only thing you want to use. We use one and a .22 bullet trap and shoot indoors at our meetings.

There's a ton of stuff Boy Scout leaders can do, and there's a ton of stuff you can't do. Check the regs closely. Write me at: shoot177@excite.com and I'll explain more.

YIS,
RF Whatley
ASM
BSA Troop 518