ISSF Coaches course 'C' in Kuortan, Finland - Who's going?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Brian James

ISSF Coaches course 'C' in Kuortan, Finland - Who's going?

Post by Brian James »

I'm curious to know if any of the members of this site will be attending the ISSF Coaches course Class 'C' Course in Kuortane Finland.

I will be in attendance and it would be nice to get to know a few people prior to attending the course. In addition to the course, I am hoping to explorer the local area – so if there are any Finish shooters on here, please let me know if there are any local attractions, gun stores etc.. that are worth visiting.

Take care,

Brian
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Brian,
If it's the one I'm thinking of then there are some Brits attending that course, at least one of whome frequents this site. I'll leave it to him to reply, like I said assuming I've got the right course and dates.

Rob.
PaulT

ISSF "C"

Post by PaulT »

I shall be attending the “C” course in Kuortane Finland.

Finland is a beautiful country we have visited on may occasions but always in the summer; for example the nightless night shoot at midnight 11 years ago at the artic circle at Rovaniemi with bright sunlight at 00.00 time and of course the excellent Shooting weeks of July in Karstula.

However, I don’t think this shall be a sightseeing trip!
In my view, our lecturer is superb, he ran the technical side of our national federations course last year at Bisley, UK, and look forward to a challenging week at the academy. Our rifle coach is based at the Kuortane academy and it has very good sports facilities so some exercise will be high on my agenda to stay alert, residential study tends to pile on the pounds so this must help in that direction as well.

See you in November. Good luck with your home works!