Vendors at major Jr matches

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

WRC

Vendors at major Jr matches

Post by WRC »

What are some of the major junior matches that equipment vendors (like Champions Choice, etc) show up at? When I was visiting Camp Perry last year, one vendor (NOT CC or CSS) with an extremely limited supply, made the comment that he just came from a junior tournament and sold to hundreds of kids. (As if having product on hand to sell to an adult was some disgusting practice, huh?!)
Can anyone give me an idea of who has shown up to what, in the past?
Thanks, Coach PL, Wheaton Rifle Club
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

Over the last few years, I can say we are the only dealer who has consistently attended junior events. NRA, USAS, Daisy IBBGCM, GAC, various High School regionals, American Legion, JROTC etcs.

The facts are unless an event is geographically close to the vendor, it really does'nt pay to attend an event and then only as a promotion, not something that you break even on for sales. There is a reason that the vendors in this business are basically mail order. The only reason we can afford to attend more events is that we are selling pictures, doing repairs, and promoting our Vogel pellets, plus our normal sales, so between the four of them, we usually make out.

Ain't nobody getting rich in this business, just getting by.