pistol trigger weight testing device

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Grzegorz G

pistol trigger weight testing device

Post by Grzegorz G »

Hi,

I desperately need your opinion! The ISSF rule 8.4.2.6.4 given below shows two possible edges for the pistol trigger testing device. From this rule one could state that for vertical edge ONLY metal edge is permitted when for horizontal edge ONLY rubber edge is legal. That looks strange to me.

Do you know any official interpretation of this rule? Namely - is it permitted to use METAL edge when testing device is equipped with HORIZONTAL edge (bottom picture).

This is very important for me to have your opinion. In few days we start National Championships here in Poland and I have promissed to prepare a CORRECT testing device. And... I am not sure... (To be clear most of "commercial" devices do not follow the rule... :-(

Hope to have your answer,

Grzegorz Gladyszewski

David Levene

Post by David Levene »

In my opinion it doesn't matter whether it is horizontal or vertical, you can have either.

The critical part is that it is a small area, whether a metal edge or a thin piece of rubber, in contact with the trigger.

I think it is just the way they have drawn it, to show all of the combinations would need twice as many drawings.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

An excellent description on trigger weights and weighing triggers is in the ISSF Manual for Juries and Range Officers for Rifle, Pistol, Clay Target, Running Target, Edition 2005 in English - Pistol which is a free download from http://www.issf-shooting.org/_documents ... l_2006.zip

Illustration drawings in the ISSF rulebook should be takes as indicative, rather than prescriptive.

Spencer
Grzegorz G

Post by Grzegorz G »

Yeah... I am ashamed... I bother you with such question and the answer has been on my desk... I have to reset myself :-) too many duties and ... Sorry and thank you very much for your help!

Grzegorz
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Have a good competition.

Spencer