4-h Nationals.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Ol'Red

4-h Nationals.

Post by Ol'Red »

Anyone been to the event before? And if theres anything in particular i need to know and whats going on and all. Rumor has it that the food is Horrible. Is it? ID's Are they required this year? Im having problems finding this info. thx.
RS

Post by RS »

I went last year and the food was not so good. Everything was cold and the buffalo didn't tast right. I had an ID but I went some days with out even wearing it and nothing happend, but I still think you should have one. Just post back if there's anything else you want to know.
Ten Bar Ranch

Post by Ten Bar Ranch »

We hope to see you in the Black Hills this year! 2006 was the first time any shooting event of this size had ever been held so the learning curve was fairly steep. All of the events except shotgun were held on the National Guard Base and West Camp. The Base Commander was quite apprehensive about the whole affair and made it quite clear that Photo ID would be required everywhere, but after observing the first day of practice and competitions he was comfortable with the event and the ID issue was never really addressed. I am not sure what he expected but it was probably the worst! We were not asked to send a photo so my guess is No ID? I will find out and post back.
Some of the disciplines will be held in different locations close by this year and that should take care of some range conflicts.
If you have specific questions I can try to answer them for you. Our son is a competitor, my husband is a coach for South Dakota and I will probably score again this year.
As for the food - hopefully the caterer will be prepared - it was a typical buffet line meal.

T.J.
Ten Bar Ranch

Post by Ten Bar Ranch »

We hope to see you in the Black Hills this year! 2006 was the first time any shooting event of this size had ever been held so the learning curve was fairly steep. All of the events except shotgun were held on the National Guard Base and West Camp. The Base Commander was quite apprehensive about the whole affair and made it quite clear that Photo ID would be required everywhere, but after observing the first day of practice and competitions he was comfortable with the event and the ID issue was never really addressed. I am not sure what he expected but it was probably the worst! We were not asked to send a photo so my guess is No ID? I will find out and post back.
Some of the disciplines will be held in different locations close by this year and that should take care of some range conflicts.
If you have specific questions I can try to answer them for you. Our son is a competitor, my husband is a coach for South Dakota and I will probably score again this year.
As for the food - hopefully the caterer will be prepared - it was a typical buffet line meal.

T.J.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Info NM received from Jim Simms was that only a DL was necessary for the drivers to get in the camp.
He sent the info to the state directors a few weeks ago I think.

Nothing like last year.

Hey SD folks .... what kind of weather did you put on order?
Slightly overcast, cool, no rain or wind would be my preference. All that sunscreen is just a pain......
Ol'Red

Post by Ol'Red »

jhmartin wrote:Info NM received from Jim Simms was that only a DL was necessary for the drivers to get in the camp.
He sent the info to the state directors a few weeks ago I think.

Nothing like last year.

Hey SD folks .... what kind of weather did you put on order?
Slightly overcast, cool, no rain or wind would be my preference. All that sunscreen is just a pain......

Overcast in the 50z is what i'd like to see!