Walther LG300 Alutec getting stuck

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Albert B

Walther LG300 Alutec getting stuck

Post by Albert B »

Yesterday one of my shooters came running to me in total panic. His new Walther LG300 Alutec stopped fuctioning completely, 2 days before the Dutch national championship air rifle kneeling position. We dismanteled the rifle and found that the 'hammer' block (don't know a better word for it) that activates the air valve was jammed halfway it's rearward position.
We managed to get it moving again after removing the spring and wiggeling the block a lot. After that the rifle was back in working order and the shooter can attend the nationals tomorrow.
We think that a particle of some sort got stuck between the block and it's guide.
Has anyone had simular experience?
Thanks,

Albert B
(The Netherlands)
peepsight

Walther LG-300 Alutec

Post by peepsight »

Hi Albert

Its called the firing pin, same as the small bore rifes.

Did you manage to see what was causing the jamming, if you did you need to post it [particle] to Walther no matter how small for their attention.

I also suggest you e mail Walther describing what happened as i feel they owe you on this one.

Peepsight
Albert B

stuck firing pin

Post by Albert B »

No, we never saw wat caused it, but once we had put some force on the firing pin it was sliding again back and forth. In my oppinion, it must have been a very small particle because the pin has a very tight fit in it's guide.
The remaining problem is gettin the spring back on its correct tension - by turning the screw behind it in or out.
Also, the action is bolted to the alu stock by 5 M5 bolts - 1 on every side in the rear of the receiver, 1 just forward of, and under the loading port and 1 on the most forward underside of the stock. Does anyone know factory settings of these screws? I have mailed before with Walther about torque settings of their smallbore rifles but they clame there is no particular setting! they advice to tighten the screws by hand with a screwdriver!

Thanks,
Albert B