Feinwerkbau C60

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

patchett

Feinwerkbau C60

Post by patchett »

Any feedback on the referenced AR would be greatly appreciated.
I am contemplating purchase of this model. Appears to be in VG-EXC
condition. Asking $ is approx $900US
I've never purchased a match AR before so any advice please.
Thanks to all
Andrew Patchett
bryan

Post by bryan »

Dont quote me, but would think it was a mid/late 80's model, superseded by the c61 c62 etc
then the P70 compressed air, think the c62 can be upgraded to a P70, but would be expensive.
The C is for CO2, so sounds to expensive to me as CO2 is not that popular. look for a compressed air one, or a cheap CO2.

maybe it is cheap?

If you use digital scales, fill the cylinders to the correct weight, replace seals on a regular basis, dont use dirty CO2, (low grade). then it was a good gun, and you need a supply of CO2.

the P70 is somewhat idiot proof compared with the co2's, which is why they were not popular.

the gun has 300 odd grams added in the front of the stock which could be removed to make a light junior gun. also smaller cylinders were/are? available for the junior model

imho
acetan

FWB C60

Post by acetan »

The C60 was superseded by the C62, there was no C61. It is not possible to convert a C62 to P70. I have owned an FWB C60 mini, an FWB C62, and two P70's. they are of the same lineage and are from a great design. Unless the rifle in question is in absolutely mint condition, the price is a bit on the high side though.
bryan

Post by bryan »

when the P70 first came out fwb made one up for me using parts from their display, the base was a C62. (barrel and stock)
they then added a P70 regulator, trigger assembly, and valve.

was a while ago. sure it was a C62, was there a model after that?

as I said, it would be expensive, and cylinders.

In saying that, they had replaced the cylinders, the regulator, twice, and upgraded to the current trigger assembly. at the time!
Oh, valve and seals several times as well. fwb pretty good guys!

but it had a few hundred thousand rounds through it!

sorry about the C61. confused with 601.
acetan

I have inquired the factory regarding converting my C62...

Post by acetan »

I have inquired the factory regarding converting my C62 to P70 and was told that problem number 1 was the lack of space for the regulator and problem number 2 was the incompatibility of the stabilisor for the C62. What you have the good fortune to shoot must be some sort of one-off prototype.
patchett

Post by patchett »

Thank you all for the feedback.
It is tremendous having firsthand knowledge so readily available
and offered so willingly.
Cheers
Andrew Patchett
bryan

Post by bryan »

Yes sometimes it happens that way andrew, not all the time. Welcome to the forum

acetan, the P70 hadnt been released when I got mine, the serial number is in the 80's, the prototypes were made out of brass, reg etc. which had the very very low numbers. eg 001
which I think manfed kurtzer had.

mine had the serial on the regulator. Due to cost, it is not really an option. but I did not pay for it. well. not much.

the early models didn't have a compensator, but I had it upgraded, thanks to FWB.

the C62 has the same regulator block mounting as the P70. So I would say FWB built the P70 off the C62 frame.

but maybe not?

bryan

imho
Thomas Monto

C-60

Post by Thomas Monto »

There is nothing wrong with a C-60. I still have one and it shoots great. Price is not out of line if it comes with a fill cylinder.
Advanced technology has replaced it. However, it is still a good rifle especially if you are a new shooter. Better than paying $2000 + for a state of the art rifle.
TM
patchett

Post by patchett »

I appreciate all the comments.
I should have mentioned and I apologise that I plan on using an AR
as cross training for rifle silhouette. Therefore the rifle has got to be
scope mountable with not a great deal of difficulty. I am not sold on the idea of a C60 but it is one that is available in my area.
There is also a FWB 300s for $450US equivalent.
Thank you all again
Andrew Patchett
bryan

Post by bryan »

forget the 300s

running target C60 has provision for scope mounts. dove tailed barrel,
but not good for cross training.
the rifle one has provision for a rear peep sight.

if you are mechanically inclined, it is not to hard to mount a riser block to the alloy trigger block,(rear mount dove tail) and one on the start of the barrel. I did one yrs ago, drilled, tapped the barrel, without going into the bore! mounted a matching riser block.
think I had to file the front riser to get it down to the right height, then steel devconed it on to the barrel with the mounting cap screws.
used for some time like that.

I think I saw one that had a long riser bar fixed to the front sect of dove tail, with it extending over the barrel, this part was sectioned to clear the rifle.
sure there are other ways other than putting mounts together.

also cut the loading port lever back to the first pin so it cleared the scope. think running target ones were shorter for the same issue. they had a peice of plastic on the side to open. this was mounted on longer pins.

also you can speed the C60 up by adjusting the spring tension on the firing pin. but get less shots per cylinder
only issue I see is C02 went into the open class. is that the same there?
or are the rules better now

imho
bryan
Thomas Monto

Scope

Post by Thomas Monto »

We also had a shooter shooting a scope with the C-60. All he did was place the rings on the rear sight base. ( roings were closer together) He did shorten the loading gate so it would clear. Very easy to do.
bryan

Post by bryan »

I tried the mounts together, but the slightest knock would put it off point of aim, and not much adjustment for eye releif. so modified it.
but will get you started.
n1heu

Post by n1heu »

I personally own a C60 and purchased six C60's from the Wentworth University NCAA team for my club's juniors program. I believe them to be superior to any hand-cocked air arm. My juniors that have shot P-70's say they are a least as good. The gas is cheap and plentiful in Massachusetts and the cylinders are smaller that compressed air. Unless you shoot outside in temps below 30F you will have no temp related problems.

mike
Tim Conrad

Post by Tim Conrad »

Glad to see I'm not the only dinosaur still shooting a C-60. I've had it since 1990, shoots far better than I ever will. CO2 has one big problem: You should not raise the barrel much more than 15 degrees above horizontal prior to a shot. If you do, liquid CO2 flows into the small chamber by the poppet valve. Pressure doesn't change, volume does. And so does point of impact. If you see a cloud of smoke (really dry ice) come out of the barrel after the shot, you have this problem. The C25 pistol solved it by mounting the cylinder vertically. A few others did the same, last gasp for CO2. Not practical for rifle. Running target shooters couldn't avoid the problem. CO2 got a bad reputation because of this.

The ancient technology has one big advantage over compressed air. Good to the last drop. When your CA gun is half full, it's empty. Ditto the scuba tank you fill it from. With CO2, you can shoot all the way down to really empty. You get the same number of shots from each fill. I get over 300 shots on a single fill.

CO2 might be a bit 'greener'. Takes less energy to compress it to 900 psi than the 2800 or so of a scuba tank, and you can use all of it. You do have to chill the air to extract the CO2, so it may cancel. As long as you get the gas directly from the atmosphere instead of making it by burning trees...
Matt

Re: FWB C60

Post by Matt »

acetan wrote:The C60 was superseded by the C62, there was no C61. It is not possible to convert a C62 to P70. I have owned an FWB C60 mini, an FWB C62, and two P70's. they are of the same lineage and are from a great design. Unless the rifle in question is in absolutely mint condition, the price is a bit on the high side though.
Hi Acetan! You are right on when you say that they are from a great lineage. I bought my son's C-62 from you a few years ago and he is still shooting great scores with it. And Tom is right on too - nothing wrong with the rifle at all - whether it is the C-60 or the C-62. The only difficulty my son or I ever experienced with the C-62's was that Jason ran into an availability issue overseas once.

I have a set of scope mounts for the C-62 if anyone is interested.

Matt