I need help to I.D. this Anschutz air rilfe..

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Patrick W.

I need help to I.D. this Anschutz air rilfe..

Post by Patrick W. »

A friend picked up this Anschutz a while back. From his description I thought it was a 2002. Upon seeing it I noticed differences. In particular the loading gate has two 'ears', one on either side, instead of the lever thats on my 2002. Also, it is about 1" shorter in length( the 'action' area). Other than that it looks a great deal like a 2001 or possibly a 2002. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Ansch. lfty top action open.JPG
peepsight

Anschutz air rifle

Post by peepsight »

Hi Patrick

It might be the model 2000 or 2001, I may be wrong but check out the serial number and e mail Anschutz.

Peepsight
TargetTerror

Post by TargetTerror »

You have an Anschutz 2001. I have one that looks identical. Mine says "Superair 2001" in big letters along the side of the barrel. I believe the only difference between the 2001 and the 2002 is the load cocking/loading mechanism. There is no dry fire mechanism on the 2001, but I have no complaints other than that.
Patrick W.

Post by Patrick W. »

Thanks for the help on this...there is no marking that I can find indicating model..anywhere on the gun.....my 2002 has it on the side of the barrel/ action area...I will have the owner hook up with Anschutz to get a difinitive answer..thanks again for the help.