Feinwerkbau 700 trigger question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

seemehaha

Feinwerkbau 700 trigger question

Post by seemehaha »

i'm an anschutz person so i'm not familar with the feinwerkbau trigger adjustments. ok i have a girl with a feinwerkbau 700 air rifle and i want to take out some of the over travel. i looked through the instruction booklet and played around with it, but i couldn't find how to adjust the over travel.

so basically we have (according to the booklet diagram):

10 (spin thingy)
11 (spin thingy)
12 (screw)
13 (screw)
14 (screw)

can someone tell me which screw or combination of screws can take out the over travel? maybe an english description of each screw's function too? reading the book i figured out first stage weight, length etc. just written in slightly confusing language.
thanks.
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

You can't take the over travel, I tried and I e-mailed FWB about it they said that it was not possible for me to do it (maybe ten ring could do it I don't know).
The best you can do is to take out the frist stage and make it a single stage with a nice crisp pull.

-Brian
Thomas Monto

Over Travel

Post by Thomas Monto »

Why would you want to remove the overtravel?
TM
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

After the shot the trigger is still moving backwards which could cause movement that could transfer to the gun. Which in theory could cause that shot to miss the ten ring(assuming the shot was going to hit the ten ring)

-Brian
Thomas Monto

P-700

Post by Thomas Monto »

Perhaps in theory, but with proper trigger control it is not a problem. If the shooter has a bad jerking problem, then perhaps it may be an issue.
TM

Post by Guest »

I may be wrong but from my recollection overtravel is recommended
especially if there is a rising rate spring pressure. If the trigger
abruptly comes to a stop the momentum will cause movement and a rising rate overtravel spring will serve to dampen the momentum.
seemehaha

Post by seemehaha »

well i have my anschutz set up with minimum over travel, meaning it doesn't come to a complete stop, but there is next to no movement after that.

theoretically, if you have perfect trigger control, concentration, breath control, balance, etc. you should be able to pick up any gun and shoot 100's all the time. however, i have found taking out the over travel helps make my trigger control more consistent. i always thought that's why we made adjustments to our rifles... make them easier for us to shoot correctly.

bummer that fwb's can't be adjusted to take out the over travel. i'll put that on the list of reasons i don't shoot/like fwb.
bryan

Post by bryan »

From what you are saying, I imagine you have little weight on the first stage, and to much on the second, and trigger control issues
I dont shoot rifle, but suggest you put 60-70% weight on the 1st stage, then the weight is not changed much on firing, reducing the follow through, and creating better trigger control as she will have to take up a high percentage of the weight on the first stage.

I'm sure there would be more precise instructions, but thats what I would try.

trigger stops are useful on heavy single stage triggers, like running target.

imho
bryan
bryan

Post by bryan »

One other thing, if the trigger weight is set to low, the weight can become inconsistent, causing her to pull it, as it wont go off when she wants.

not sure the weight, but fwb can become unstable if set very light.
once you go down far enough you get on the seer weight, not trigger weight. maybe its in the book?

bryan