CM-2 Cadet Rifles

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

jhmartin

CM-2 Cadet Rifles

Post by jhmartin »

Our club just took possession of 4 CM-2 Cadet (youth) rifles with money generously granted by the Friends of the NRA Foundation.

I had been turned on to these rifles last year at the coach conference, and then by comments here on TargetTalk.

I wanted guns that were not all that different in weight from the 888's and 887's that our kids shoot in Sporter Air Rifle.

Took them out today, and bolted on my daughter's 40X silhouette scope and fired all 4 at 100 yards (off a rest) in a tunnel.

I am impressed with these rifles. Every single one shot sub-1inch groups (10 shots) with the SK STD+ ammo we use for training. Eley black and red were not significantly different (red was slighly worse). The ammo that actually shot the tightest groups in the guns was Wolf Match Extra. (the best I got was a ~.85 inch 10 shot group with one of the rifles)

Note that it took approx 50-60 shots in each gun to get the groups finally start coming in ... that may be from me really cleaning the barrels last night as I took them out of the shipping boxes. You can tell they are well aware that these are youth rifles as they have a "generous" muzzle crown

Fantastic for $400 rifles

We purchased these from MT Guns. They said that with the next shipment they get the price will go up, so if you are thinking of getting one or a few of these, now would be a good time

What a great way to spend a Friday morning.....