Anschutz 1411

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jose Rossy

Anschutz 1411

Post by Jose Rossy »

Is the bedding configuration (recoil lug dimensions and location and bedding screw diameter, length, and spacing) the same between the 54 action used in the 1411 and the 1913?

Will an Anschutz aluminum stock designed for the 1913 fit a 1411 barelled action without modification?
Nehemiah

Post by Nehemiah »

As far as I know all 54 actions are the same in regards to size and shape. The only difference is that on Model 54's and 1400's there is a wing safety on the back of the bolt, instead of a safety on the trigger(i.e. 1813, 1913, ect.) So if you have a 1411 you might have to modify the stock slightly to accommodate the wing style safety.
I hope I have been of help
Nehemiah
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

Thanks. I suspected it was as you say.

Did we meet at Fall Creek Valley's April prone match?
wrc

Post by wrc »

Tried to post this earlier, but it failed ...

As mentioned, the only thing is machining a clearance for the wing safety of the old bolt. I asked 10 Ring Service at Camp Perry about fitting an Ans alu stock to my 1407 - that was the only caveat they brought up.
Nehemiah

Post by Nehemiah »

Yes I was the kid with the long hair haha.
Hope to see you at the next match.
Nehemiah

Post by Guest »

You should only need to machine a section for the wing safety if you use it. I had a 1407 in an 1813 stock, but not using the safety catch, I didn't carve away the stock.

On my 1613 the safety has been removed to fit into a Gemini stock. I don't see the need for one; there is no good reason to have a round chambered, and not be pointing at the target.

Tim S

Exeter UK
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

Hi Nehemiah, thought that was you. Good shooting!

I'll see you next Sunday at Fall Valley. Gonna try to give you a run for the money ;^).

I agree with Tim, no need to carve or machine clearance for the safety. My two other target rifles (Model 70 NRA Match Rifle and M700 Fullbore T/R) have their safeties disabled, as it is superflous in those applications.

Post by Guest »

Jose Rossy wrote:I agree with Tim, no need to carve or machine clearance for the safety. My two other target rifles (Model 70 NRA Match Rifle and M700 Fullbore T/R) have their safeties disabled, as it is superflous in those applications.
But if you have an old bolt with the wing safety, you'll end up machining THAT, wouldn't you? or is there such a replacement bolt endpiece that takes the wing safety's place, but doesn't stick out like that?
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

Guest, I guess it depends on how the wing safety fouls the stock.

My current stock is the original Anschutz 1411. It has a small bevel to let the wing safety lever drop down into when engaging it. With the lever up (safety off), nothing needs clearancing because the lever clears the stock completely.

I assume that newer wood and aluminum stocks would work the same way. As they are, they would allow normal rifle function except one would not be allowed to flick the safety lever down.