Not figured out yet -- Question re Steyr sight adjustment

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

RFC

Not figured out yet -- Question re Steyr sight adjustment

Post by RFC »

I just picked up a LG110 and am in the process of tweaking and tuning.

It came with two sight riser blocks -- one with tall pillars and one with short pillars. I need to even these out in order to stay within the range of vertical sight adjustment. What should I use for pillars? Do I just go to the hardware store and buy pre cut spacers and matching screws?

Also, in terms of head position, should I be more up right or lean into the rear sight?

Thanks

RFC
peepsight

Steyr LG-110- Raiser Blocks

Post by peepsight »

Hi RFC

Am i right the LG-110 comes with a set of raiser blocks? mine did.

The back site needs to be about 4mm higher than the fore sight. I think the smallest specers are 4mm. Don't forget to use the right length screws.

A good coach should be used to get your stock adjusted to you but failing that here are a few suggestions. A little forward stretching of the head towards the back sight is OK but an almost upright head position is OK too.

The head should rest on the cheek piece under its own weight and it should not be pressed down which uses neck muscles.

Put rifle up to your shoulder and aim with your aiming eye closed. Open eye and see where it is in relation to the back sight peep hole.

Keep doing this untill your adjustment of the cheek piece enables you to see through the sights without readjusting your head. Your eye should fall directly behind the sight when you come into position.

Remember to keep the cheek piece totally in line with the barrel. Use a long straight edge/ruler to check.

Peepsight
RFC

Post by RFC »

Thanks
pilkguns in Germany

Post by pilkguns in Germany »

the 110 comes standard with riser blocks, and also with boxed set of various thickness inserts (washers if you will) that alow you to customize the height of the blocks themselves. Sounds like you did,nt get the box of inserts