Walther LG-300XT Alutec

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

peepsight

Walther LG-300XT Alutec

Post by peepsight »

Any body had any problems or malfunctions with this gun?

Its a good idea to get other LG-300XT shooters views before laying out the money.

Peepsight
isuguncoach

Post by isuguncoach »

Peepsight,
Have a University air rifle club, we have 8 300XTs, 2 Ambidextrious (Beech stocks), 2 Laminated stocks, and 4 Alutex. We have had over 30 students and community members shooting this last year. Have not had a single problem. Estimate we have shot about 20,000 pellets.

Have found the 300 to be very easy to adjust for different shooters, and very easy on air pressure (lots of shots per charge). Very accurate and consistent. Our team finished 3rd in the nation in the Collegiate Sectionals, so will perform to the skill of the operator. Hows that for a cautious statement?

There is no doubt that you will be pleased with the 300XT.

Joe
peepsight

LG-300XT

Post by peepsight »

Hi Joe

Thats the sort of info i need, very encouraging.

I have one on order, the new LG-300XT Protouch.

Regards

Peepsight
peepsight

Walther LG-300XT Alutec

Post by peepsight »

Hi Joe

Do you know what the difference is between the older LG-300 and the LG-300XT. I'm told its some thing to do with the recoil absober but not sure.

Regards

Peepsight
isuguncoach

300xt

Post by isuguncoach »

Peepsight,
That is my understanding also. The barrels, air bottles, and regulator all look to be the same. Someone with more technical info. could correct me here. The absorber seems to be the greatest change.

Have read on some website or the other, that the absorber can "go bad", and the rifle will start to have a noticable recoil, however, we have not seen that issue, and we have shot them alot.

Have you received your yet??? Be sure to check out the test target that they send with all new rifles. I always show my team these, and let them know that is what the rifle will do, what will they do with the rifle.

Joe
peepsight

LG-300XT

Post by peepsight »

I believe the absorber, regulator and a valve were all update mods on the older LG-300 which thus gave the XT title on later models.

I'm not sure if it was the older absorber that gave problems but i guess it was unless any body knows different.

I'm not a big lover of completely 'dead' airguns when you fire as a tiny little kick is good feed back. They all seem different.

The Anschutz 9003 and Steyr LG-110 have no feel at all, where as i can feel the tiniest of kicks with the FWB and Walther. Any body have any views on this?

Peepsight
isuguncoach

Post by isuguncoach »

Peepsight,

Have heard others like a "little" kick in an air rifle, but really don't see the positive side of it. Now if it a personal preference OK, but have found coaching new shooters that if you don't learn with is a rifle that has a "kick" they don't notice any difference, and will shoot better.

Joe
peepsight

LG-300XT

Post by peepsight »

Good point

Peepsight