FWB Model 2

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

bummer7

FWB Model 2

Post by bummer7 »

Any thoughts, comments, opinions about a FWB Model 2 pistol? Are they good for competition? Can you convert them to CA?

TIA
Steve
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

The Model 2 is great little gun. It was a serious competitor in its day. Given that it is 25+/- years old, it may need rebuild depending on its last service dates but there is no reason why a few springs and o-rings will not make it right. Being as it was the first CO2 gun, the CO2 usage can be more tricky than later guns, but as long as you are shooting it between 60 and 90 degrees Farenheight you should have no troubles at all with it. temps above or below will get more problematic.
iow

Post by iow »

I bought a Feinwerkbau Model 2 a couple of years ago , and have never had any problems what-so-ever ..... It's simple to fill via the adaptor on a Co2 fire extinguisher ..... I think the world record is still held with a Model 2 ( sadly not by me though ! ).

Len
bummer7

FWB Model 2

Post by bummer7 »

I appreciate all the good information about this pistol. I have an opportunity to buy one but did not know much about the Model 2. I'm glad to hear parts are available and repairs possible.
Thanks again to all.
-s
Elmas

Junior Barrell and Cylinder available

Post by Elmas »

One of the nice things about the FWB C2 , besides the fact that it can go on shooting forever no problemo... is that you can unscrew the barrell breech assembly and replace it with a Junior Barrell/Breech and Junior cylinder... makes the gun lighter and easier to handle for the 'extremes of age' ...

I have pics of the Junior assembly in the buy sell trade section if you'd like to have a look.

Elmas.