ISSF Tv

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Lane

ISSF Tv

Post by Lane »

They seem to be getting their act together on the videos and the commentary. The guy is kinda fast at times. BUT!!!!! Why do they have the screen so small and unless I use a small magnifying glass I can't read the info overlayed on the screeen. Is their a way to enlarge the player?Wish they would have stayed with Media player.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I could not agree more.

Watching ISSF TV used to be a relaxing way of spending a few minutes, now it's just hard work.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

I to have been frustrated by this. I did some checking and I see that they have not used the <embed allowfullscreen="true" setting which would mean at the click of the square button at the bottom, the video screen could full screen size without altering their page layout.

I have email them and made the suggestion. let us see if they react

Julian
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Thanks Julian. I thought I was doing something wrong when that button didn't work.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

And...
you can not 'save target as' which enabled me to replay the old layout in video at the screen size I want.
Spencer
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

At last, the've enabled the full screen button.
Lane

Thanks Julian !

Post by Lane »

This sure will make the coming year a lot more enjoyable. Plus in time for the 2008 Olympics.
Spencer

Re: Thanks Julian !

Post by Spencer »

Lane wrote:This sure will make the coming year a lot more enjoyable. Plus in time for the 2008 Olympics.
I will be surprised if the ISSF will be able to show any of the Olympic shooting.

Spencer

Re: Thanks Julian !

Post by Guest »

Spencer wrote:
Lane wrote:This sure will make the coming year a lot more enjoyable. Plus in time for the 2008 Olympics.
I will be surprised if the ISSF will be able to show any of the Olympic shooting.

Spencer
Why? They have shown lots of stuff from previous olympics
Marcus

Olympics and TV

Post by Marcus »

Don't hold your breath that you will see ANY Olympic shooting on ISSF.tv next summer. The broadcast (and that includes internet) rights belong to the IOC which sells them to the highest bidder (NBC in the USA) and they in turn make the feeds available to national television stations. ISSF would be prohibited from sending its own signal from the shooting venues.

The videos from previous Olmpics are produced after the fact and only with permission to use the footage from the rights holder(s).

That is the reality. To allow otherwise would dilute the Olympic brand and reduce the value to both IOC and any future purchaser of the broadcast rights. The same thing for ISSF. They wouldn't allow the German Shooting Federation (DSB) for example, to come in and broadcast the shooting events at the same time as ISSF.tv was doing the same thing.
sj

ISSF TV - now in full screen

Post by sj »

Hi, I've been following issf.tv during the last World Clay shooting Championship in Nicosia... it looks like now it's possible to enlarge the videos and watch them in full screen. Thake a look to this link from the issfnews website: http://www.issfnews.com/articles/article.asp?id=774 . It's working on the playback videos, but I'm not sure about the live broadcast. Has anybody of you seen the live in full screen?
sj

issf tv - commentary

Post by sj »

I can see you guys are experts about this topic.. I'm interested in shooting sports, and I started following issf.tv as a way to watch high-level finals.. Now that it's possible to see videos in full screen is much more enjoyable, since it's possible to follow the graphics, the names and the infos overlaying on the video... I just have a dubt.. do you know where this commentator comes from? He sounds like Spanish or something like that to me. I agree the guy is kinda fast sometimes, but at the end he's giving interesting information, don't you think?
Guest from germany

Post by Guest from germany »

If you wanna learn something about the connections of issv.tv, ISSF and IOC, you should read this press announcement. Someone has filed a lawsuit against the ISSF for neglecting his copyrights concerning the competition broadcasts and video-clips...

http://www.clean-shooting.com/file.php?8,file=2
rrpc

Post by rrpc »

Can't follow that link. Linking not allowed from outside the forum. Can you post a synopsis?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

You can read the articles from
http://www.clean-shooting.com/list.php?8
rrpc

Post by rrpc »

Thanks David

Looks like some very unsavoury things going on.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Here in North America, during a lawsuit like that, both parties would frequently be prevented from using/making money off hte technology until the dispute was settled.

Anyone know what is going to happen legally in the interim? Will the "real time" scoring/video of shooter's face/shot by shot tracking be available- or will each party be prevented from using the system?

Still- will all this be resolved in time for Beijing?

Steve Swartz
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

In any large multi-national organisation you will get accusations of wrong-doing from time to time. This is not the first I have heard about the ISSF and I'm sure it won't be the last.

I like to think "innocent until proven guilty" but someone in this case must think they have a strong case. It doesn't matter where you are, lawyers ain't cheap.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

A few of things.

1.Courts dont always or even often stop the use Ie Blackberry and Microsoft for example. They sometimes do if it can be proven that damage is being done. Usually more damage is done by stopping use so usually no party wants that, they'll just settle up in the end.

2. David lawyers in the end aren't cheap but in most of NA they are cheap to start because they often work on contingency, only becoming expensive if you win, I don't know the rules in Germany they vary form country to country.

3. ISSF TV makes lots of money, who would of thunk (sic) it!!!

Like all things legal that is one side of the story and I postive there is at least one if not more sides.