Time to quit USAS?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Old Shooter

USAS

Post by Old Shooter »

My problem with the USAS web site is that it has not, and currently does not, list the local matches sanctioned by USAS.

I have belonged to USAS twice: first, shortly after international sanctioning authority was transferred from the NRA; and once some years later. In each case, I let the membership lapse because no one was sponsoring USAS sanctioned matches in my area. With the increase in international style air rifle/pistol shooting in the U.S., I was hoping that the situation might have improved. So, I went to the USAS web pages -- former and current -- in hopes of finding more places to compete. In this quest, I clearly understood that before I could compete I would have to rejoin USAS.

To my displeasure, I have discovered over the last year that USAS refuses to post local match listings for anyone exept members. I would have thought that posting lists of available matches would serve as a recruiting tool. I have sent several e-mails to USAS officials regarding this, but nothing has changed.

While I am now "older than dirt," I once was a fairly competitive shooter: double Distinguished, double President's Hundred, fired on two winning National Trophy (Dogs of War) teams, etc. I even still win the occasional NRA sectional. So, I clearly have a long standing interest in, and commitment to, serious competitive shooting.

I will not rejoin USAS blindly, until they provide me with significantly better information on their regional/local competitive programs. On this note, I suggest that one go to the European national sanctioning body web sites. If one can understand the languges, match schedules are clearly posted.
LadyJayne

Re: USAS

Post by LadyJayne »

Old Shooter wrote:My problem with the USAS web site is that it has not, and currently does not, list the local matches sanctioned by USAS.
The new USA Shooting web site offers information about upcoming competitions by state. If you visit http://www.usashooting.org/calendar.php you can select your state and see if there are events in your area.
william

Post by william »

USAS isn't going to get anywhere with a bunch of "Waaahhh, it isn't perfect" whining. I'll be putting a check in the mail to them today. They may find that more helpful.
isuguncoach

Post by isuguncoach »

The new web page just went up, a huge step forward for all of us. The new pages and info. should answer a lot of the concerns expressed in this thread. I think USA Shooting will continue to develop the flow of information to all of us interested in that level of international competition. All of us have to remember that this is our sport, our passion, USA Shooting is our organization, if something doesn't work, don't blame the infamous "somebody ". Voice you concern and work to get it changed.

mho

Joe