IZH 35M availability

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Shooting Kiwi

IZH 35M availability

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

Hi Folks,

Sometimes, you realise that New Zealand is a long way from anywhere... However, fora like this do a great job of shrinking the world. Our range of new target pistols here seems pretty restricted, and Murphy's law dictates that those I'm interested in seem unavailable. Baikal importer has been waiting 2 1/2 years for a shipment of IZH 35Ms.

Please can anyone let me know if new IZH 35M pistols (or their derivatives) are available, and if so, where and for how much?

Secondly, can they be exported legally to New Zealand? (I know the gun is not (yet) on the NZ police approved list - probably reflecting the apparent unavailability).
Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Unfortunately it seems to be something wrong in Russia, at he Baikal factory?
That's because it's the same phenomenon here, almost precisely on the another side of the globe.
All gunshops have run out of IZH-35M's and nobody gets them across the border!
I hope, they have their production and shipments running again.

What might be the situation elsewhere? Is IZH-35M normally available?

The summer is coming Kiwi!
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Here in the States, I've been trying for the last six months, to get a spare bottom cover from EAA (the importers) for mine. They've been telling me "We should get one in in 30 days", and have it backordered. Anyone know where one might be available? I've got the prototype slide hold open latch mounted on mine, and would like to mount the final production unit on a spare cover. Don Nygord was supposed to send one with the unit when he sent it to me for approval, but forgot.

Paul
Last edited by pgfaini on Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
dlb

Post by dlb »

Here's their contact info..

http://imzcorp.com/en/info/contacts.html

perhaps their 'service center' is an appropriate contact.

Service Centre Manager
Pressler Evgeny Teobaldovich
Tel.: 3412 76-28-22
Fax: 3412 76-28-22, 76-25-32
e-mail: quality@baikalinc.ru
Citizen Carrier

Post by Citizen Carrier »

A poster on another website forum is also in New Zealand and is interested in purchasing a .22 pistol.

Did you try Reloader's Supplies in Auckland? Or maybe that is the distributor you were talking about in the first place? According to the other guy, a transplanted Frenchman, Reloader's Supplies has a catalogue that lists the IZH-35M as available.

He was originally asking about this gun:

Which looks pretty interesting to me. Check out those sights! This thing isn't available in the U.S. and I have no idea what it is. Apparently, the gun sells in Auckland for about 300 New Zealand...um, dollars...or whatever.
joe1347

Post by joe1347 »

Citizen Carrier wrote:A poster on another website forum is also in New Zealand and is interested in purchasing a .22 pistol.

Did you try Reloader's Supplies in Auckland? Or maybe that is the distributor you were talking about in the first place? According to the other guy, a transplanted Frenchman, Reloader's Supplies has a catalogue that lists the IZH-35M as available.

He was originally asking about this gun:

Which looks pretty interesting to me. Check out those sights! This thing isn't available in the U.S. and I have no idea what it is. Apparently, the gun sells in Auckland for about 300 New Zealand...um, dollars...or whatever.

It's a Baikal Margolin (MCM)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baikal_MCM

http://www.baikalinc.ru/en/company/125.html

http://www.gcshooters.com.au/baikal.htm
Fortitudo Dei

Re: IZH 35M availability

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Shooting Kiwi wrote:Hi Folks,

Sometimes, you realise that New Zealand is a long way from anywhere... However, fora like this do a great job of shrinking the world. Our range of new target pistols here seems pretty restricted, and Murphy's law dictates that those I'm interested in seem unavailable. Baikal importer has been waiting 2 1/2 years for a shipment of IZH 35Ms.

Please can anyone let me know if new IZH 35M pistols (or their derivatives) are available, and if so, where and for how much?

Secondly, can they be exported legally to New Zealand? (I know the gun is not (yet) on the NZ police approved list - probably reflecting the apparent unavailability).
Nice to see another NZ'er on TT. The IZH-35 can be imported to NZ - they have been about for many years. However the ones we shoot have tended to come via Europe rather than via the US, so they are named "IJ-35". They are essentially the same pistol, though they don't have the grip safety and lever of the IZH-35m which are required under US laws (but which are not a requirement in NZ). Check the police import list under "Vostok". Don't worry if any pistol you want is not on the import list – as long as it meets “B” cat requirements, all it means is that the police will hold it for a couple of weeks when it arrives so they can make sure it's not a "junk" gun and photograph it for their database.

One suggestion is that if you are interested in an IJ-35 / IZH35, you buy one mail-order direct from Frankonia in Germany. A fellow club member imported one of their nickel-finish IJ35's a couple of months ago (see insert), though I would suggest the Frankonia Favorit (an IJ35 which has been both mechanically and cosmetically tidied up by Frankonia's own workshop) as being a better option (though it doesn't look quite as neat as an all-silver IJ :). Send me a PM if you want further information about the process.
Also have a look at this thread from 2006 http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=14306
Attachments
nickel finish IJ35.jpg
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Shooting Kiwi, you are experiencing a supply problem across the ditch the same as we do in Oz. I was lucky enough to purchase one of 100 which came into Australia about 18 months back but a club member who shot mine the first week I had it, is still waiting for the IZH-35m he ordered.
The problem is that these pistols sell for under $AU1000 which is probably around $NZ1200 and are highly sought after. The price is less than half of a MG, Pardini, Morini etc. The design makes them ideal for rapid fire with recoil coming straight back down the arm instead of lifting the sights.
I would guess that if 250 of these came into Australia tomorrow they would already be sold on back orders from people wanting a cheap, accurate pistol.
I normally have the only one at the opens I attend so was surprised at the recent state titles to hear that familiar metallic clunk coming from the bay next to me. He had just got his IZH-35M, so they must be filtered through slowly. Then again he was a Russian and so might have some contacts.
Good luck
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

- that barrel!! (magnificent!!!)
- from my experience, if it is going to go 'bang', it will in a Margolin
- that agricultural trigger mechanism; one tuned and set up will stay that way for many years
- comparatively small frame makes it suitable for fitting a grip to suit almost all hand sizes
- don't worry about that adjustable front sight - clockwise is 'down' and anticlockwise is 'up'
- if there are any breakable bits, I have not experienced (or heard) of any

Spencer
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

Thanks everyone for the info.

I have asked a Russian fellow cub member, who is also interested in getting one of these, to contact Baikal, just in case there's one supply line for Russians and one for the rest of us.

I'll also contact Franconia.

It sounds like quite a few of these could be sold, if only they could be tracked down.

Incidentally, the NZ dealer (who I'd better not name, but which can be identified with a fair degree of certainty from the contents of this thread) will want NZ$1200 when he gets his supply, so someone's aiming to make a shed-load of profit out of these!
Shooting Kiwi

Bad news

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

Bad news, folks,

Frankonia emailed a prompt reply: 'IJ 35 is out of manufacture'.

Perhaps if we all bombard the Baikal factory with emails, they might decide to screw another batch together...
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Kiwi, You might want to contact Eduard Kettner's, and see if they still have one. Like Frankonia, they're a large sporting goods chain, and publish a very comprehensive catalog. I bought my TOZ 35M from them, about eight years ago, at a very good price. Their address is:
Eduard Kettner
Postfach
50602 KÖln

At the time, my telephone contacts for them were: 221-5965222 (Herr von Low) & 221-59652002 (Herr Jansen) who both work in the export, customs, and tax section of Kettners. They both spoke English. They may no longer be there, but the telephone numbers should still be good.

Paul
dlb

Post by dlb »

I've recently purchased a used IZH 35 and have an inquiry in w/ EAA in the US regarding replacement parts. I'd like to pick-up another firing pin, ejector and extractor.

Which other parts should I try to purchase?
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

The spare parts that came with my gun, in addition to a cleaning rod and brush, oiler, screwdriver, allen wrench, drift punch, and front and rear sight blades, included the firing pin, extractor, extractor plunger, extractor spring, mainspring, recoil spring, sear II, and sear II spring.

I've not had to replace any of these parts yet, after many thousands of rounds, so can't recommend which ones you'll need, but there must be a reason they've included them.

Let us know how you make out with EAA. Everything for the IZH 35 I've tried to order has been back ordered.
Paul
dlb

Post by dlb »

Thanks. I've submitted an order for these along with a few other parts.

I'll be interested to see which of these EAA can supply.

Does anyone know whether Walther provides parts services for the KSP200? - or of any other 35 variant parts suppliers for that matter.
Shooting Kiwi

Spares

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

Worse news, folks.: Frankonia can't supply spares either.
pgfaini

Re: Spares

Post by pgfaini »

Shooting Kiwi wrote:Worse news, folks.: Frankonia can't supply spares either.
Kiwi, Have you tried Kettners?

Paul
JamesH

Izh35

Post by JamesH »

Alex Taransky will know the situation on Aus supply.
I think that would be through Parabellum Imports
tpow

Post by tpow »

[quote="Shooting Kiwi"]Hi Folks,

"Please can anyone let me know if new IZH 35M pistols (or their derivatives) are available, and if so, where and for how much? "

Hi Kiwi
I have been following this post for a while now. I through that I would let you know what I have gleaned. I got a 'demo' IZH-35M last December 2006 from a dealer in Canberra AUS $950, only been fired a few times; by the way he only had one. I have seen a dealer in Sydney asking AUS $ 1350 when they arrive. I did a lot of ringing around before this. The Australian importer is Industek out of Sydney P: 02 9476 2818, they have a nice four colour 1/2 page ad. in issue 5 of Australian & New Zealand Handgun with MP-672 A/P, IZH-35M .22LR and MP-466 9mm. I have spoken to Keith Anderson from Industek a few times about the shipments it's a black hole. Also last year spoke to Alex Taransky in South Aussie. He said that it was 'very' hard to pin “the new capitalist" (his words) to a price, a delivery date and number of pistols. So I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for one, I hope this is of some helps.
xtreme

Post by xtreme »

tpow
"I have seen a dealer in Sydney asking AUS $ 1350 when they arrive. I did a lot of ringing around before this."

Good old 'supply and demand' at work

Like ColinC, I got my IZH35 in that first shipment from Industec [ early 2006 ] for under $1000. Couldn't be happier with the purchase. 100% reliable.
Another club member has been trying to get one, but seems be in the same boat as others, supply problems

Mark
May all your shots be "10's"