Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

RFC

What "add ons" are legal for 10m AR?

Post by RFC »

palm rests, weights, stabilizers, etc ?

Thanks
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

You'll find complete rules in the 2007 USAS Rifle Rules. Go to the USA Shooting site but DO NOT login. (Inexplicably, if you login, none of the downloads are available.) Instead, click the link at the top for "downloads", then click on "USAS Downloads". What you want is the "USAS Rulebook 2007" download, which gets you a big .zip file with all the USAS rulebooks.

The sections you'll be interested in are 7.4.2 Standards for all Rifles, 7.4.3.5 10 m Air Rifle, 7.4.7.12 Accessories and 7.6.1.2 Standing. In a nutshell, they say you can have certain kinds of weights. Filters and blinders but not corrective lenses are allowed on your sights. You may not use a palm rest, a hand stop or sling swivel or a sling.
RFC

Post by RFC »

Thanks. I've read the rules and they are somewhat confusing regarding additional weights.

I have an AA MPR in precision rifle configuration (butt hook and front sight extension tube). Out of the box, it weighs about 7 lbs. I'd like to get it up to about 10 lbs. Right now, I have a lead bar attached to the internal rail. Is that legal?

If not, what about this:

What other suggestions do you have?

Thanks

RFC
Attachments
adj_st_w_250w.jpg
adj_st_w_250w.jpg (2.62 KiB) Viewed 1376 times
Tony C.

AR weight

Post by Tony C. »

If you are shooting ISSF events, you may add weight inside the the dimension of the stock, ( ISSF rifle rule 7.4.3.4 ) barrel weight can be added but they must be within a radius of 30 mm from the center of the bore. ( rule 7.4.3.3.1 ) The set of weight you show is OK for free rifle, but it can't be use on 10m air rifle under ISSF rule.
Padawan

Post by Padawan »

Don't quote me on this but I don't believe that you can have the hook on your butt plate either, that is for sb only
wrc

Post by wrc »

Provided you are in the USA, you may find it more clearly spelled out in the NRA rules for NRA International Rifle. Imagine they are on a website too somewhere. Basically only concentric weight around the barrel, if you are adding weight to the barrel. Otherwise, IIRC, weight must be inside the stock, allowable to the limit. No butt hook or palm rest, as already mentioned they are for the smallbore free rifle only.