Barrels

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

joydeepk

Barrels

Post by joydeepk »

Anybody with some experience or views on .22 match barrels made by 'BORDER'. comparison to Anschutz or Walther would help...........Thanks
rbs

Border Barrels

Post by rbs »

Great barrels, hard to find and a little more expensive. I have one and feel that it is the best shooting barrel that I have, and is not ammo finicky. I am seriously considering having it removed from my 1813 action and setup for my 2013. If you have found one, I can strongly recommend having Mike Ross install it for you.
http://www.rossprecision.com/
joydeepk

Border

Post by joydeepk »

Thanks for the suggession. im not too sure about the barrel being expensive ,as the agents selling them is quoting quite competetive price to that of Anschutz or Walther in a few sites!
rbs

Post by rbs »

I appologize, I did not look at your location. Border barrels have become very hard to get here in the states, and their cost is higher from shipping and import tax. The Border, with the possible rare exception, will easily out perform the factory Anschutz / Walther barrels.
Last edited by rbs on Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joydeepk

thanks

Post by joydeepk »

thanks again for confirming BORDER to be superior to Anschutz or Walther. but i am surprised that a very few shooter at the top level is using BORDER! arent the BORDER people marketing it properly?
by the way, i hope you dont mind letting me know about your exposure to shooting sports and what event...... regards