Warner rear sight

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Warner rear sight

Post by Guest »

Has anyone used a Warner rear sight for indoor shooting (10m air and 50ft smallbore)? I've read a lot of good things online about the Warner sight and after having the Anschutz 7002 break (the third Anschutz sight my team has had break in 3 years) I'm thinking of trying something different.

Also, does anyone know of an adapter to make a Redfield style sight mount on an Anschutz rail (Warner doesnt have an sight with an Anschutz dovetail)

Along those lines, anyone used the Gehmann, MEC, or Centra rear sights? Any thoughts?
rbs

Warner sights

Post by rbs »

Warner sights are as good as it gets and you can obtain a rear sight adapter from Bill Earnest, 570-797-4872.
Hip's Ax

Post by Hip's Ax »

While I have used a Warner in 50 ft smallbore prone I've never used one on my air rifle but I second the Warner recommendation. I have more than one of his sights and they are spectacular. Amazing quality and perfect repeatability and tracking. Truly a lifetime purchase, good thing when you consider the price. I also agree with the Bill Earnest recommendation, while I do not have one of these adapters I have many of Bill’s accessories and I find all of them top shelf.

I have and use Anschutz and Sam Gates rear sights as well and of course the Anschutz sights have always had the tracking issue but the Gates is every bit as repeatable as the Warner but it is made of steel and wouldn't be my first choice for position shooting for that reason. I am aware of someone who uses a Centra and I have head no complaints about those sights at all. I use a lot of Centra iris's and love them, I can imagine the sight is no less a great product.

Buy a Warner and your good for life, anything else ????
Asa Yam

Post by Asa Yam »

As with all such designs, clearance between the handle and the sight knobs is important. From experience, #2 sights (72 MOA windage adjustment range) and Winchester 52s don't mix. In such a setup, the sight needs to be placed so the knobs are forward of the handle - or your sight knob winds up getting the occasional dent in it.