Air Rifle League Suggestions

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Sawtooth

Air Rifle League Suggestions

Post by Sawtooth »

All,

I'm looking at creating a new JROTC (all services) air rifle league. If any of you have something similar, and can send me any written guidelines for your league that may exist, I'd sure be interested in reading what's out there. I plan to have the CMP sanction the league. Any and all input is appreciated!
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

We have a league here in NM that is made up primarily of JROTC clubs, but also 4-H as well. 4-H shoots only sporter, and I think if you advertise and seek out your extension agents you might be able to get quite a few shooters in your matches.

We do not sanction our monthly league matches as we allow each team to have two "postals" throughout the season. We do however sanction our championship match which is an all shoulder to shoulder match.

Each club in the league hosts a match at their location during one of the months. This gives the shooters a chance to shoot on a wide variety of range styles. We have a set of traveling trophies .... a place for every club in the league and trade these off during the year and keep the one we end up with at the championship. We have "All-District" patches for those shooters that make the finals in both sporter and precision.

Here's a link to the results site...
http://www.vc4hss.com/Air_Rifle/NMJSSA_ED/index.html
Shooter

Air postal's

Post by Shooter »

Sawtooth: Contact me off-line at bawilli@attglobal.net and I can send you some info on my air gun postal league that may give you some ideas. It is very successful and has been running for at least 15 years with entries from all over the world. Hope to hear from you.
Don in Oregon
Sawtooth

Post by Sawtooth »

Email Sent. Hope to hear from you soon.