I'm looking for smallbore shooting opportunites in the NE

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TargetTerror

I'm looking for smallbore shooting opportunites in the NE

Post by TargetTerror »

I live outside of boston, and have been shooting on my club's smallbore team all winter. Tomorrow is our last day, which leave me without any meets until next year.

does anyone know of any smallbore or air rifle events in the Northeast area anytime this summer? How about amy major matches farther away that would be worth a long drive?

Thanks!
TWP

Post by TWP »

Ken Quandahl Memorial match at the NRA headquarters in Fairfax VA April 21st and 22nd 50 yards indoors.
danholmes

Post by danholmes »

Hi-

I'm in the Metrowest area of MA. BlueTrail range in CT runs quite a few matches throughout the year and are worth driving to (probably ~2hours).

It seems to me that smallbore rifle has really dropped off in NE. When I was a Junior in the 80s, there were lots of matches in MA (Sharon, Ames, Reading, Woburn, Hopkinton), as well as a Juniour Olympic Shooting Camp.

I've considered starting a prone or 3-p league, I'm just not sure how much interest there would be. What league were you in?

Anyways, if you'd like to discuss on the phone, send me a PM and I'll send you my contact info.

I'm going to post another thread in order to get a feel fo what the status of smallbore is in the rest of the country.
1813benny

matches in the ne

Post by 1813benny »

Any match that is ran in Allentown, PA by Ernie Gestl or any in Palmyra, PA by Erin Gestl, especially the 4 day 6400 in June.....Thousands in prizes and $$.

Both ranges are first class.
TWP

Post by TWP »

There is still and advanced junior shooting camp every year in Burlington VT.