32 unique any comments

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
darrell

32 unique any comments

Post by darrell »

i have just got my hands on a new unique 32 shoots great lovely gun though i have read that there could be problems with the slide cracking does any one know any thing about this or other stores or weeknesis i have already been to pilkguns to look ho and what does every body think the best 32 is!!
Norway

aftermarket buffer remidied cracking

Post by Norway »

The .32 Uniques were good guns. Though, they had a bad habit of developing cracks. A gunshop in Norway, formerly offering the Unique, modified the .32 Uniques prior to sale. The modification incorporated a rubber buffer, and minor milling of slide and/or frame. With this modification, the guns would stand up to more years of practice with our military pistol teams. Without the buffer the guns would succomb from cracking, prematurely.
_Axel_

Post by _Axel_ »

These guns are popular in Scandinavian "field shooting". I suspect we use them with harder loads than elswere!
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

A couple of members of my club have been using Unique 32's for years without any problems. If you avoid using "hot" loads, you will greatly reduce the chance of cracks developing. IMHO, Lapua .32 factory loaded ammo seems to be hotter than most and I know of cracks which developed in an early Pardini HP from their use. The best thing would be to work out your own re-load with a suitable powder - finding the smallest amount of powder that will allow the gun to cycle reliably while still getting a tight group at 25m. Personally I would avoid using the pistol for distances greater than 25m as you would probably have to increase the powder charge to get an accurate load beyond this distance - thus increasing the chance of developing cracks.
Bill A

Post by Bill A »

I shot one of these excellent guns in my NRA bullseye league for a few years--the .45 guys called it a "wimp gun" of course, but I laughed all the way to the bank.

Never have had any problems with mine; my load is 1.6 gr of 231 under a Speer 98 gr HBWC.

10's,
Bill
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

Great gun, I shot mine for many years without a problem---I sold it when the factory was raped of parts and ended any chance of getting parts. That's when I bought my HP.