coat selection

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

coolcruiser

coat selection

Post by coolcruiser »

OK...many thanks to each for their suggestions and comments. I think that the Gehmann 404 looks like a good coat for the money. Champion's Choice has their own coat modeled after the Gehmann. Does anyone know about the color of the CC coat. The website lists it as blue/red/white but shows it differently with no red...the catalog shows it with red and white but the blue looks like black. Anyway I was wondering just how dark the blue was...has anyone seen this coat? How dark is the blue?
TIA
BOOKER

Post by BOOKER »

I really don't understand your question, but I own the Gehman 404 set (trouser and coat), if it's that what you are talking about it is white/blue/black.

Hope that helps.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Hmmm, I would have thought the very last thing you should be looking at with a shooting jacket is it's colour. That is the one thing which will not make a jott of difference to your shooting, you should instead focus on those that will.

Rob.
coolcruiser

coat color

Post by coolcruiser »

Your comment is well taken. The color of a coat is the last thing that might concern a shooter. Utility first, then appearance. Having said that I find that the color combinations of some coats make them good candidates for clown clothing. Some remind me of the quilts that are made out of remnant materials. If a multi-colored coat suits a shooter then more power to him/her. My taste runs more conservative and I would rather avoid making a fashion statement on the firing line and simply buy a coat that meets my shooting needs.
So back to my original question in an earlier post...can anyone describe the blue color used in the Champions Choice 303 coat? Thanks again from "olive drab.... and loving it"
BOOKER

Post by BOOKER »

Having said that I find that the color combinations of some coats make them good candidates for clown clothing.
I'm agree with you 100%.

The Gehmann set have some very dark and serious colors no "bling bling look at me", I don't think you can change the colors on this model, but I'm not sure of that.