Rika on Linux

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

How do you guys like the Rika. Iam looking into maybe getting on for training.
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

laxratnd wrote:How do you guys like the Rika. Iam looking into maybe getting on for training.
It's great in as far as it goes. It will show you what you're doing and aggregate and store data. It is probably better if you have an experienced coach to help you with it.

The most valuable lesson I believe I gained was that it taught me rather quickly how to better appreciate and perform dry fire. But, it also frustrated me on several occasions by validating a trait I wanted to change, without providing me the information on how to effect that change.

I occasionally coach using the trainer. For those sessions I try to instill the same learning as I gained when I discovered, through the Rika, how to "see" my dry fire.

Take Care,
Ed Hall
U.S. Air Force Competitive Shooting Teams
Bullseye (and International) CompetitionThings
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

Thanks

I want to try to get my coach at John Jay College to look into getting on to train with.

Thanks for the information Ed

stephen
shadow

RIKA

Post by shadow »

What is the latest version of software for the RIKA system? I just switches PCs for my RIKA.
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

The latest I'm aware of is 3.8T.

Take Care,
Ed Hall
US Air Force Shooting Teams
Bullseye (and International) Competition Things
pilkguns at home

Post by pilkguns at home »

some thoughts on this thread

RIKA has a USB version now. We got our first shipment of them back a few months ago, waiting on another one to leave Austria now. Way overdue but finally out. Yes the software is the same.

Making a similar setup. yep, should'nt be that hard. We have had 5 or 6 people over the last 10 years that were self proclaimed gurus in the computer/electronics fields that assured us that this could be made for under $500 or some such figure. We have helped with their various requests. To date I have yet to see even a prototype. Such is life.