FWB 65 not recoiling like it should??

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Tangohammerli

FWB 65 recoil issues HELP

Post by Tangohammerli »

Before I send this fine 65 out for service I wanted to see if anyone else has had issues with their pistols. Mine currently will not "slide back" when fired. That is the upper receiver appears to be locked down though the recoil limiter is not installed on the front of the frame. Is there a secrete to keep these running or do I need to send it in???

jimfabanich@fretel.com
Tangohammerli

FWB 65 not recoiling like it should??

Post by Tangohammerli »

Before I send this fine 65 out for service I wanted to see if anyone else has had issues with their pistols. Mine currently will not "slide back" when fired. That is the upper receiver appears to be locked down though the recoil limiter is not installed on the front of the frame. Is there a secrete to keep these running or do I need to send it in???

jimfabanich@fretel.com
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

I had that problem with my FWB300.

What happened is the rods/rails that the sledge slides on had dried out. The lube had dried out either by evaporation or dust had absorbed the liquid lube leaving a dry surface. With a dry rail the sledge could not slide.

Remove the action from the stock/grip and look for the metal rods that the sledge slides on. With a Q-Tip wipe a VERY THIN coat of suitable light gun oil on the rod. You will have to manually unlock the sledge to move it so you can lube the entire rail.

Again, VERY THIN coat of oil.
Don't drip oil on the rod, that will put too much on and the oil will just drip into the stock.
Paul Ha

Post by Paul Ha »

Sir,
For the 65, you will need to cut a metric allen wrench short to reach the mounting screws inside the grip frame. I think it is a 3 mm rather than a 4 mm wrench. The front mounting screws also tend to strip from your screw driver bit; please be careful with them.
After lubing the rails, during re-assembly, please do remember to snug down the mounting screws very gradually, evenly, firmly and sequentially; they tend to bind up quite easily.
HTH, Paul.
Alex L

FWB 65 not recoiling

Post by Alex L »

I do my own repairs, usually for my model 65. It is a very simple gun. As previously pointed out you need to check the lubrication of the recoil pad.
Also have a look at the back of the cocking lever - there is a screw goes right through to hold the lever in position. If that screw gets loose it will rub against the frame, which will affect your recoil.
Maybe in the previous service of the gun, this was not tightened.
You will be able to see the wear and tear at the back under the rear sight.
The recoil pad should last for a long time, however, there is a circlip at each end of the rod, and these must be properly inserted.

Have a look at all these problems, and let us know how you go.
Alex L.