Pellets

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Pellets

Post by Guest »

I'm buying pellets and I haven't found one that suites me yet but I need some more pellets what do you suggest are the best brands? Are the H&N Match Pellets good? Are would H&N Finale Match Pellets be better?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

You're kidding right. Haven't you seen any of the 100's of "whats the best pellet" threads, try the search function.

Scott can we put a Whats' the Best Pellet" sticky?
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Richard H wrote: Scott can we put a Whats' the Best Pellet" sticky?
And put that just below the 'what's the best gun' sticky ;-)

Very briefly though both H&N pellets are good, finale are just slightly better sorted.

Rob.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Rob I was thinking the exact same thing, Best Pistol in the pistol forum and Best Rifle in the rifle forum, that would be great.
peepsight

The best of everything

Post by peepsight »

Come on Richard

You will start a big argument not to mention millions of posts!

Peepsight
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

To answer your question it depends on your gun, I have a FWB P700 that like H&N Finale Match for practice and for a match I got some H&N Finale, that was matched to my gun. They are more expensive but I like them, you also might want to try RWS pellets and Vogels just to see what your gun likes.

<>Brian<>
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Yes Peepsight, but don't you think it would be a great sticky at the top of the page.

Best pellets are Bulldogs
Best Pistol is the Crosman Auto Air II
Best rifle is the Marksman Model 1790

with the above you can't go wrong they will take you to the Olympics.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

The Internet makes it so easy to ask questions anonymously and without thnking. Back in the 'old days', if you wanted someone to take the time to answer a question, then you had to take the time to think through what you needed to say in order to get a meaningful answer.
peepsight

The best of everything

Post by peepsight »

OK Folks

A couple of years ago a British shooting magazine tested the then new Steyr LG100. It was bench tested for grouping with a 10 shot test. H+N, RWS and JSB were used in a variety of sizes and batches.

The H+N Finale match 4.49 gave such a tight 10 shot group that a new pellet would not fall through the hole. In a more recent test on the newer LG 110, this happened again with H+N but the JSB were also just as good. For some unknown reason the tests could not get such tight groups from RWS.
I use JSB pellets in my Steyr and have had more sucess recently than with other makes.

Peepsight
Fred Mannis

The Best of ...............

Post by Fred Mannis »

But what if Mr Anonymous is shooting a FWB SSP?
n1heu

pellets

Post by n1heu »

I've used the RWS Meisterkugeln 4.5mm with great success. Also have used Champion Choice pellets made by H&N that shoot really well. My club and I own FWB C60 rifles. Wentworth Institute of Technology Rifle team whom I purchased my club rifles from use ony the RWS for all their match rifles. I guess the short story is buy the best you can afford and try some different brands to find consistency.
TWP

Re: The best of everything

Post by TWP »

peepsight wrote: The H+N Finale match 4.49 gave such a tight 10 shot group that a new pellet would not fall through the hole.
In my Daughters Anschutz 2002CA it does that with R10 4.48's.

Only way to find out is to try them all in your gun.