Izzy Grip just keeps on growing

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Torn Fibre

Izzy Grip just keeps on growing

Post by Torn Fibre »

A friend has just alerted me to http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/me ... s+by+DaveG

Amazing what a bit of wood, sandpaper and elbow grease can end up as, if one is a tad unhappy with the original Izzy grip.

Do you think one could casually get away with this in a 10M AP60 match ;-)
Attachments
Ingenuity unlimited
Ingenuity unlimited
dgizh.jpeg (39.54 KiB) Viewed 2172 times
Last edited by Torn Fibre on Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharlesC

Post by CharlesC »

From what I have read in 10 meter rifle rules thumbhole stocks are not allowed.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Amazing!

P.S. A lot of work! ;(
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Is this the new UK legal air pistol (Longarm)? :>)
Fred

Post by Fred »

Everyone has been saying that the IZH grip is made purposely large, and you are expected to work on it to find your grip inside. However I never knew that this was the grip you could find.

FredB
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

pgfaini wrote:Is this the new UK legal air pistol (Longarm)? :>)
LOL LOL LOL LOL

I must have a very dry sence or humor , with the parliamentary proposal to ban air guns in Scotland some might not regard that as funny!

JY
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

I'm sorry if my attempt at humor offended anyone. We're, in this country, in a constant battle to slow down the erosion of our second amendment rights. Humor is a powerful political tool, long used in newspapers, and now in the media. Ridiculing the ridiculous, draconian, proposals of the anti-gun political legislators, should be encouraged, rather than just sitting back and fretting about the loss of our rights.

Any shooter in the US, observing a British Cowboy Action Shooting competitor, attempting to quick draw a Colt Single Action Army replica with a outsize bbl. out of his holster, can’t help but be amused, until he reflects upon the loss of rights that caused the shooter to have to go to these lengths to engage in his hobby. It then becomes something a bit sad.
I know. When I lost my eyesight several years ago, I engaged in this sport(CAS), in order to keep shooting (big targets), until the wonders of modern medicine restored my eyesight, and I’ve seen what these Brits have had to do to comply with British law. Now, seeing the Long Arm guns of our sport, reminded me of this.

Paul G. Faini
Member USAS
Life Member, National Rifle Association
Charter Life Member, Grass Roots North Carolina (Pro gun political lobby)
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

pgfaini wrote:I'm sorry if my attempt at humor offended anyone.
I doubt if it did Paul. Yes we're probably about to face an onslaught on another part of our sport but what's new in that.
Torn Fibre

Post by Torn Fibre »

May I humbly apologise if this thread is deemed technically inappropriate according to the Target Talk rules and philosophy for posting matter that should be concerned pertinent to Olympic shooting disciplines.

IZH 46M is featured frequently and has a great following of new comers and seasoned veterans for many obvious reasons.

I merely wanted to broadcast some of the possibilities that a highly skilled wood craftsman could do to the infamous deliberately over sized Izzy grip. The link shows more examples of such quality workmanship and my quip re 10M was tongue in cheek and intended to be humorous. I hope some readers will appreciate that whilst not kosher they will appreciate the allied aspect of grip workmanship. Grips in themselves are a topic of endless debate and in this case I believe worth a look.

As for political gamesmanship and the anti brigade we are all under close scrutiny and anyone fighting their corner to protect their treasured sport and enlighten others to the endless pleasures and benefits Olympic shooting offers has my unbridled support. I am deeply pained at what has happened and is happening on the horizon as we blindly sleep walk into allowing yet evermore mounting erosion and curtailing of our once taken for granted precious liberties. Many are hoping that retrospective legislation will be encouraged due to the 2012 Olympics but so far a mere 7000 pro signatures have been amassed to undo the bad legislation re the handgun ban in the UK. Besides the ME restrictions and other Acts on air guns we are now faced with a new raft of prohibitive measures within the recently passed VCR Bill effective this April. Life isn’t sweet anymore.

Paul Sir, I agree with David that none here will have found your humour offensive, far from and respect for what you are doing in your valiant struggle.

My best wishes to all and enjoy the artwork while you can.
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

T.F., Thanks for your support. After my quick reply, I looked over the other photos, and was extremely impressed by the quality of the workmanship. Imagine what these guys could do with "real" guns. Just goes to show that artistic talent somehow manages to overcome oppresive restrictions.
My hat's off to these talented craftsmen.

Paul
jer

Great!!!

Post by jer »

That looks great! Is anyone selling them, and lefthanded plese?