CMP now Sanctioning 3PAR

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

jhmartin

CMP now Sanctioning 3PAR

Post by jhmartin »

CMP is now Sanctioning 3-P Air Rifle events.
They have multiple categories: Postal, League, Regular (Shoulder-Shoulder), CMP Cup Match, and USAS JO's.
http://www.odcmp.org/0107/default.asp?p ... IONPROGRAM

Looks as if the USAS is not finalized, but that may have to go thru USAS or USAS and CMP

It looks very well thought out, and has all of the items incorporated that were discussed at the JR director's meeting last year.

While the sanctioning fee has increased slightly, CMP is now going to supply all the EIC badges earned ... not just the JD, silver & bronze too.

One thing to all match sponsors ... Cup & JO's .... results must be reported witin 7 days ... hooray!
SRichieR

Post by SRichieR »

The "Dixie Classic" is Feb. 17 in Pelham, AL (Birmingham) and is a CMP sanctioned Cup Match.

The sanctioning process was fairly painless.

Re: CMP now Sanctioning 3PAR

Post by Guest »

Will this change result in the top junior not being awarded a position on the National Development Team, since USAS is not involved anymore?

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Will this change result in the top junior (at the 3-P Air Rifle Nationals in Kentucky) not being awarded a position on the National Development Team, since USAS is not involved anymore?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

From my understanding .... and I'll admit I may be wrong, if anyone knows different, please educate all of us:

USA Shooting is still the sanctioning organization for the INTERNATIONAL style JO's.

CMP is the sanctioning organization (with USAS approval???) for the 3-Position JO's. If you had sent in a sanction form to USAS for your 3-P JO match, I'd get on the horn to USAS and see if it got sent over to CMP ... my guess is not, and you'll have to send in a new sanction app with CMP

I'm not sure all the details have been worked out on the 3-P Nationals, but I'm assuming that the dates will not change.

I believe the International JO's next month are still on track at C Springs.

I do see USA Shooting's point that 3-P Air is not an Olympic sport, and they are pushing the pistol development and shotgun development quite heavy now as that is where they see the need for development.

I am impressed with the way CMP took over the 3-P, not rushing it like I had wanted them to do (I'm not a patient person). Gary Anderson and the staff obvioulsy put some thought into this, and the opportunites are not only still there, but even a few improvements.

Anyhow .... my $0.02
Sawtooth

Post by Sawtooth »

Joel,

Good to see you on here! Yes, the sanctioning process with the CMP is running fine. I just finished assisting with the Colorado Junior Olympic 3P Air Rifle State Championship, and we did the sanctioning. Pretty smooth all around.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Haw!! .... Sawtooth has to be Paul

Welcome guy! Hope all is still going well.
Sawtooth

Post by Sawtooth »

Doing great, Joel. Plugging away as usual. :)