CROSSMAN 1377 UPGRADES

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

CROSSMAN 1377 UPGRADES

Post by Guest »

I picked up a new Crosman 1377 pistol tonight for basement plinking. I don't expect it to be a super accurate pistol, but I want to make some improvements after shooting just 20 pellets. Some questions for the forum:

1. Can I adjust the trigger pull? It is pretty stiff now, and I'd like to back it off some. Can this be done? If so, how?

2. The trigger is pretty narrow, and puts a lot of pressure on a narrow portion of my trigger finger, making it uncomfortable to shoot, and to squeeze, not jerk, the trigger. Is there a wider trigger blade I can put on, or any other way to make the trigger more comfortable

3. I pumped 4 strokes for each shot. At 10 meters, the pellet would not make a clean hole in a paper target. It would tear the paper every time. Should I use more strokes, or is there another adjustment I can try, or is there a break-in period for the barrel/action? Pellets are Crosman wadcutter 7.9g.
Fred Mannis

Re: CROSSMAN 1377 UPGRADES

Post by Fred Mannis »

Anonymous wrote:3. I pumped 4 strokes for each shot. At 10 meters, the pellet would not make a clean hole in a paper target. It would tear the paper every time. Should I use more strokes, or is there another adjustment I can try, or is there a break-in period for the barrel/action? Pellets are Crosman wadcutter 7.9g.
What brand targets are you using? Edelmann will give clean holes even at lower velocities. American or National targets will give tears/uneven holes even at high (>500 fps) pellet velocities. Also suggest you go to lighter, 7.0gr, pellets.
CharlesC

Post by CharlesC »

For a lighter trigger pull you need to install a weaker sear spring. Remove right grip panel to get to it. It's the big coil spring. Don't remove the small panel held on by two small flat head screws. If you do the safety detent ball and spring will fly off to parts unknown. Springs can be found at most hardware stores that work just fine. Just get a weaker one that's the same diameter. You will have to shorten it.
I usually use 4 pumps with my fully modified 1377 match pistol.
Here's a picture of it:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ ... 7Match.jpg
National brand targets do tear a bit but Edelmann targets sold by Pilkguns give nice clean holes.
Most of us Crosman 1377 fanatics hangout at the Crosman Forum. You will find more info about Crosman 1377 pistols there than anywhere else.
Go to: http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684
Steve N

Post by Steve N »

I'm the one who started this thread, but I forgot to log in first.

Charles, nice upgrades. Where did you get the grips and forearm? I'd love to get a grips fitted to my hands that feel better than the plastic. Where did you get the sight? Looks a lot nier than the one that comes with the gun.

The targets I was shooting last night are Crosman TQ-7. Paper feels pretty thin, so maybe that is the problem. I'll try a couple of different brands that I have on hand.

The pellets were bought at Dick's, same place I got the gun and the targets. Where is the best place to buy different brands/weights of pellets?
Steve N

Post by Steve N »

I tried a new trigger spring. I just happened to have TWO (not one, how lucky can I get) of the right diameter. It was a bit long, so I cut it to length. Now I have a nice smooth trigger pull with very low pressure. I did not measure trigger pull yet, but if feels good.

I looked at Crosman's sight and found trigger shoes. I'm going to pick one up.
CharlesC

Made my own grips.

Post by CharlesC »

I made the grips and pump handle/forearm from some very old black walnut.