Walther 300 series

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
c2700

Walther 300 series

Post by c2700 »

Anyone have any info on the Walther 300 / series PCP?
I don't seem to see many of them and was wondering if they are worth the purchase....
Thanks

Walther 300. not a favored gun

Post by 88 »

No, this gun never gained much following.
Poor triggerull, that after some some use, got unstable. Triggerpull difficult to adjust too.
If you are able to find one (of the few around) for sale, you can probably acquire it at a modest prise.

Thanks for the info

Post by Guest »

I wasn't sure, but was definintly wondering why there wen't more of them listed as uesd at higher level matchs.

Appreciate the intel.

Good shooting!
cdf

Post by cdf »

The trigger issue has been dealt with , I have heard they have a strong following in Germany . A friend who's judgement I respect has told me the newest version is a dead sexy beast . Dont count em out yet .

Chris
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

I had the opertunity to test the 300XT a couple of months ago for a magazine here in Sweden. After a couple of sighters I shot a very tight 98p serie. A 9,6 and a 9,9, the rest was tens. Two things differed a lot from my own Hämmerli AP40. The trigger is so crisp that it feels a little odd. I guess you'll get used to it after a while. The grip is so "deep" that i'd have to cut off at least 15-20mm to even make it "competition-legal" for my hands.
Before I tested the 300XT I used to think my AP40 was "dead" to shoot with no recoil. Boy was I wrong. This thing has less recoil when shooting than my AP40 in dry firing mode! The recoil absorber is excellent! The sights are also top notch. And the overall balance is really nice.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Mellberg - thanks for that detailed reply. Would you mind indulging me with another piece of information, please?

I'm wondering if Walther stuck with the original '300 grip mounting system? The round ball gimbal mount on the original design was very flexible but had no way of indexing so that if you removed the grip you could replace it to the exact same position as before. Most of the other pistols with adjustable grip angles allow you to somehow "lock in" the adjustment so you can remove the grip and when you put it back on the gun it's exactly where it should be.

Where does the 300XT stand on this point?

Thanks again for your helpful commentary.
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

Oh, that's a question I'm afraid I cannot answer. But maybe I can look this up. I'll get back to this as soon as I get an answer.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Mark sent you a PM
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

The answer is: "Unfortunately no".
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

As it turns out I recently acquired an LP300 Junior model as it fits my daughter's hand quite nicely. Haven't fired it yet, but am looking forward to giving it a try. Weight is under 900 grams with a small grip. I hadn't remembered the barrel on these things is ported, so perhaps that's one of the reasons they feel "dead" on firing. One way or the other, we'll see tonight when we get to test fire it for the first time! ;-)