LP50 questions

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TomAmlie

LP50 questions

Post by TomAmlie »

The beloved UPS man just brought my new LP50 from our host. It is absolutely beautiful. I've got a couple of questions which don't seem to be addressed in the manual, and I can't find anything on TT.

1. What is the orange dummy magazine for?

2. What is the proper procedure for dry firing? I haven't yet attached a full air cylinder (since I haven't yet acquired a SCUBA tank), but I'd like to dry fire it a bit without risking damage. I'm tempted to just cock it and dry fire, but want to be sure there's no risk of damage.

Thanks in advance....
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I think you'll find that both questions have the same answer.

The orange magazine is for dry-firing. Use it instead of a normal one, with a charged cylinder attached, and the action will cycle.

If you haven't got any air yet then manually cocking the gun for dry firing shouldn't cause a problem.

I seem to remember that this magazine is an extra thrown in by Pilkingtons . I don't believe it is normally included from other suppliers (but I could be wrong on that).
cdf

Post by cdf »

I believe the orange is a kindly gift from our host and is not standard , kinda like that little cone like device he throws in for LP10's ( tank seal replacement aid ) . Very nice gesture .

Chris
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

About dryfiring the LP5 or 50 that little mag like everyone told you is for that but it's not dryfiring like the LP10 you still expel gas so that the action can reset ( makes some noise).
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

“Dry-fire” mag is not standard; our gracious forum hosts are being generous.

Hope you have got air and are enjoying your new pistol.

Don’t be tempted to play with the velocity or trigger until you have really got used to it and springs of trigger have the unit has run-in. Unlike some, Steyr do a good job setting things up in the factory prior to shipment, this is as well as the Styer reseller making their inspection. For once, both the UK and US are fortunate with their importer support!