Unertl Scope

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

cmj

Unertl Scope

Post by cmj »

I want to put a Unertl 15X x 24", has a 2.5 eye relief, scope on an Anschutz 1407 and need to know just where to put the mounting blocks. Also want to be able to put the iron sight back on when can't use the scope. This rifle will be mainly used for NRA competitions. Scope has the Posa mounts. Does one block go on the action, or in front of it and what spacing should be used for the blocks?
Hap Rocketto

Unertl Scope

Post by Hap Rocketto »

CMJ,

The blocks on my rifle, an Anschutz 1810, are 7.5 inches apart, center to center. Both blocks are mounted on the barrel with the action side edge of of the block closest to the action 0.5 inch from the action.

I am no gunsmith, but it works for me.

Regards,

Hap
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

Both blocks should go on the barrel. If you put one on the action and one on the barrel, not only will you have a height difference that needs to be accounted for (different height bases), but you also will have another issue....

Due to the fact that the windage and elevation is external on the scope, if the spacing between the front and rear scope mounts are longer or shorter than the standard distance, you will no longer have 1/4 minute adjustments. I believe the 7 1/2" distance center to center is about normal.
-Ken
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

When I had unertls I figured this out. Each click moves the scope .0005". The blocks should be spaced 7.2" apart for 1/4 min clicks.