looking for smallbore

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

looking for smallbore

Post by Guest »

I'm trying to find a 22 preferably an Anschutz 1912(new or used) for a low price and I was wondering who sales 22s. I know champions choice and brenzivich but not much more.
TargetTerror

Post by TargetTerror »

www.mtguns.com

I am in the process of purchasing a gun from Mac Tilton. He has several hundred Anschutz target rifles, and will mix and match various parts of each to make the rifle that you want. Plus, his price is extremely competitive, and he is great to deal with. I highly recommend him.
rfwhatley

My recent experience

Post by rfwhatley »

I also found Mac Tilton to be very, very friendly and helpful. We must have talked on the phone 8 or 9 times. Great guy. Very knowledgeable. Only one problem, he never called me back with a gun!

Mac buys a "truck load" of target rifles from British (and other European) gun clubs where the owner dies and the family does not want to pay the high gun tax. The gun (which is kept at the club) then become property of the club and is bought at auction by Mac.

Therefore, he gets and gives excellent deals, but is not likely to know exactly what he has until the crate is unpacked and organized. Then these are all sold in a matter of weeks and the process starts again.

Although I spent more on the gun, I found that using Target Talk and 2 web gun auctions (Guns America and Gun Broker) gave me more control over what I got and when I received it.

Between the 3 sights there will only be 3 or 4 great guns at any one time, but if you watch and wait, "they will come".

Hope this helps!
TWP

Re: My recent experience

Post by TWP »

rfwhatley wrote:I also found Mac Tilton to be very, very friendly and helpful. We must have talked on the phone 8 or 9 times. Great guy. Very knowledgeable. Only one problem, he never called me back with a gun!
If this was in the last few months, Mac had a heart attack and is just getting back into selling rifles again.

I talked to him just after Christmas. FWIW
TargetTerror

Post by TargetTerror »

I can second that Mac recently had a heart attack. As I mentioned above, he has been extremely friendly and helpful with me every time I have called (and I have always reached him each time I call). His customer service is excellent.

It has taken him a little bit longer than he initially quoted me to get me my rifle, but I feel it is more than acceptable given his health. I am having him put a custom buttplate on a 1413, so he needed to do a little work before shipping it out.

I will give you all an update when I receive my gun.
rfwhatley

Post by rfwhatley »

TWP wrote:If this was in the last few months, Mac had a heart attack and is just getting back into selling rifles again.
Last summer I believe. He was expecting a crate of guns any week. He told me to hold on and he'd call back when the guns arrived and got them sorted. I didn't feel like pushing the guy, and to tell you the truth it was proably my fault more than his for not following up.

If you got a calling card with lots of minutes and a fully rested ear, give the guy a call by all means. He's a hoot to talk to... and great stories. It wasn't clear to me which he loved more: traveling to Europe, or buying cheap rifles!

I wish him good health !
TWP

Post by TWP »

rfwhatley wrote:[
If you got a calling card with lots of minutes and a fully rested ear, give the guy a call by all means. He's a hoot to talk to... and great stories. It wasn't clear to me which he loved more: traveling to Europe, or buying cheap rifles!
That's no lie. There is no such thing as a quick call to Mac.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I thought Champions Choice gave me a fair deal on the 1912 Sport in Stainless
Stock # Anschutz 2016920SS

The website says out of stock, but they had one or two 1907 actions with stainless bbls a few months ago.

My daughter really likes this rifle

(Neil Johnson's has a real pretty used 1913 Aluminum stock)
Guest123

Get the Anschutz 2313 with a 50cm barrel

Post by Guest123 »

I have an Anschutz 2313 with a 50cm barrel. It is a great rifle for the off-hand position. Balances really well. When I shoot the other position, I just add barrel ring weights up front.