Pardini and grip

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jer

Pardini and grip

Post by jer »

I have started to train duel/rapidfire lift. At first I just train lifting pistol up. My problem is that front sight is always on left when I lift gun up. In my Pardini SP RF there is no possibilities to adjust horizontal angle between grip and gun. What would be best way to go on? Should I just learn to lift the gun way that front sight is in the middle or should I modify grip some how?
David Levene

Re: Pardini and grip

Post by David Levene »

jer wrote:Should I just learn to lift the gun way that front sight is in the middle or should I modify grip some how?
No question about it, get the grip modified. Exactly what needs to be done can only be judged by someone who knows what they are doing having a look at the gun in your hand.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Like David says the grip needs to be such that the gun naturally points in the right direction. I had my pardini grip(s) modified by Roger Geissbuhler in Switzerland, including the electronic SP1, but I'm sure you can find someone more local to you.

Rob.
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

I personally would not start fooling with grip modifications on the Pardini---first of all check the heel piece pressure, IMHO your hand should just fit in the space with a little bit of a squeeze----then the proper location of the finger joints on the grips---and the thumb pressure. The trigger positioning should be the next step for comfort in reaching the trigger "sweet spot" . Next search for the NPOA by lifting to align the sights---if a shift of the rear feet doesn't help---then put the gun down and "ungrip"---after shaking the hand for a few moments, re-grip the gun and physically shift your hand placement on the grip slightly to the right, by moving the gun in said direction---to compensate. Go back to your previous foot position and re-try the lift, each time trying for a natural point of aim. Lastly, this is a part of my personal shooting plan (right or wrong), when I am in the "ready" position I always peak at the alignment of my sights before I make the lift. Once the body remembers this then you can work on sight alignment and carrying through the squeeze and shot release and recovery movement to Ready position. It doesn't happen all of a sudden but slowly and gradually. In all events a good practise plan is essential in developing these skills and translating them into good scores.